Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

How much do Bj spacers cost and!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much do Bj spacers cost and!!!

How hard are they to install? and how Much are they and Whats the best Kind?

And how hard is it to remove the Sway Bar off my Yota.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they dont cost much go to 4crawler.com sway bar is a flash to take down with the right tools. i wouldn'd go more than 1.5 inch lift with bj's spacers ,unless you want to watch your cv joints tear up in a month or less.theyre not that hard to install its just the fact that you have to cut some of the metal underneith the upper a-arm,check out 4crawler its all in there.

and ho i almost forgot,make sure you got some manual hubs!!! really helped my cv's
Old 09-27-2008, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Chief_Yota
they dont cost much go to 4crawler.com sway bar is a flash to take down with the right tools. i wouldn'd go more than 1.5 inch lift with bj's spacers ,unless you want to watch your cv joints tear up in a month or less.theyre not that hard to install its just the fact that you have to cut some of the metal underneith the upper a-arm,check out 4crawler its all in there.

and ho i almost forgot,make sure you got some manual hubs!!! really helped my cv's
Yeah i wanna switch over to manual hubs. how hard is it to switch?

And Yeah i looked at 4crawlers there not expensive at all. and my Uncle is a Welder and my Dad is a construction worker. Lol both have every tool i can dream having. I'm probably going to do that

I want to add chevy springs and get me a inch of two taller and a little more flex. but idk. i have Air bags with Coils around them in the back. But i wanna take out the Air bags and replace tem with Chevy SPrings.

What you think?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:36 AM

Switching to Manual hubs is so easy a monkey could do it. I say Go ahead and buy a solid front axle from an 80's toyota PU from the local pick and pull since you are going to do a SAS any way. Take off the AISIN locking hubs off and put them on what you have now. Then when you SAS it you just swap them back to the solid axle.

When you SAS it you should be different and do a front 3link on Coils. That would be sweet!! Just my opinion though for what it's worth. Not and expert by any means.

Putting Chevy Springs in a 4-runner with coil springs is going to be a bit more work that if it had leaf springs to begin with. Unless you are up for it. I notice that a lot of people are going with 3link for superior flex and running tall coils. You may want to go that route so less stuff you have to cut off and weld on. Maybe even try coil overs. Just a few thoughts.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Fizboy
Switching to Manual hubs is so easy a monkey could do it. I say Go ahead and buy a solid front axle from an 80's toyota PU from the local pick and pull since you are going to do a SAS any way. Take off the AISIN locking hubs off and put them on what you have now. Then when you SAS it you just swap them back to the solid axle.

When you SAS it you should be different and do a front 3link on Coils. That would be sweet!! Just my opinion though for what it's worth. Not and expert by any means.

Putting Chevy Springs in a 4-runner with coil springs is going to be a bit more work that if it had leaf springs to begin with. Unless you are up for it. I notice that a lot of people are going with 3link for superior flex and running tall coils. You may want to go that route so less stuff you have to cut off and weld on. Maybe even try coil overs. Just a few thoughts.
im looking into switching to manual hubs within the next week or so.

Im saving up 1200 to do all the SaS job and get Red Manual locking hubs to match the Truck

When i do that im switching to Black rims with the Red line around the rim.

And im either going to after i SaS it 5inch lift it and put chevy springs and maybe even do coil overs idk about that yet. working on it.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

Please do a search for these types of questions before posting.

This topic has been covered a lot.

We're all more than happy to help out - but we need a little bit of help from you first.

Fink
Old 09-27-2008, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
Please do a search for these types of questions before posting.

This topic has been covered a lot.

We're all more than happy to help out - but we need a little bit of help from you first.

Fink
lol thanks fink idk much about this site so post where i know how lol
Old 09-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Fizboy

Ummm.... The manual hubs from a solid axle will NOT fit your IFS axles! Longfield sells the inners that will allow you to use your IFS manual hubs on a solid axle though. The solid axle and 86-95 IFS manual hubs are not the same!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by slosurfer
Ummm.... The manual hubs from a solid axle will NOT fit your IFS axles! Longfield sells the inners that will allow you to use your IFS manual hubs on a solid axle though. The solid axle and 86-95 IFS manual hubs are not the same!
thanks. im going to SaS it asap and then get the bad ass looking locking hubs thanks man.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Countryhick
lol thanks fink idk much about this site so post where i know how lol
It's all good man, the search feature will help you more than any one of the members on here.

We've covered quite a bit of stuff in the past 6 years.

Fink
Old 09-27-2008, 07:23 PM

Sorry I forgot that the solid and the IFS hubs were different. Too little sleep and too much work makes for a cloudy brain. Some times there just to much information stored in the grey matter.