86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What size headlight replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 01:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
What size headlight replacement?

First of all, I've done a ton of searching and haven't been able to figure this out. So I apologize for my stupidity if the answer is obvious!

The headlights on my 1993 4runner need help. One of the PO's ran into something and caused some front end damage. One of the headlight mounting brackets is broken and is pointing off the road, and in general the headlight's output is terrible so I'm looking at doing the H4 conversion. I get the wiring and general concept, BUT I'm confused on what size I can put in.

The attached picture shows what my front end looks like.. Note that whoever "fixed" the front end turned it into a franken-runner held on with mechanics wire. Part of my confusion is I don't know what's original and what's not...

These are the lights that are currently in it:
Depo headlight Depo headlight

I'm looking at getting these:
Hella 190mmx132mm headlamps Hella 190mmx132mm headlamps

Is it relatively straight forward to put those new ones in or is it a whole big project because they're different sizes? I know I need the h4 conversion wiring, but is it easy to mount the new sizes? I'm new to all this stuff, so it's hard to tell.

Any other routes you guys would take? I just need brighter headlights since it's going to be getting pretty dark up here in alaska soon!

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails What size headlight replacement?-headlight2.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...ersion-272021/

I think those are the correct size. Measure yours out to be sure.

I'm planning on doing the same with my headlights. The stock lights are basically useless up here. Mine are aimed correctly, and new, and just don't put out any useable light.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 603 Likes on 441 Posts
Dont think you can put in the rectangular Hellas without installing a grille and maybe some other stuff from certain year pickup trucks.
The 4runner lights you have are asymetrical and only fit 4runners as far as I know. Others won't fit.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing millball. There's a toyota junk yard up here I was going to check it for replacements.. my grill area is already pretty jacked up. I'm worried the scope of this is going to keep getting bigger until I'm replacing the entire front. I just want to be able to see the @!#$! road at night!

Worst case I could duct tape it in somehow? haha.