Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Visit to ARB...some goodies

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Visit to ARB...some goodies

So I went to ARB and picked up my order last week. As always I had a great experience.
T.R. spent a lot of time with me going over the contents of the recovery kit. I got a snatch strap, tree saver, new-type snatch block, shackles and recovery damper. Also a new-type fridge with cover.

I had originally ordered the largest shackles and they were way too big (viking synthetic winchline clip would not even close over it). I replaced two of those with the middle-size, they are perfect.

The new fridge is fantastic, great design. The lid pops off at the hinges with a magnetic latch, it has a LED light inside, digital controls, very low battery drain. The latch to close and open the lid is VERY secure. It's light and has huge capacity. I can't say enough about how nice it is. I ordered everything from Phil and Jacque at TRDparts4u. If you live within driving distance of Seattle it's a no-brainer to pick everything up at willcall in Renton. TR at ARB and I put the fridge cover on together and loaded the recovery kit. It was a big order and my last one from ARB while I live in the pacific NW. Love ARB!

Enjoy the pics of the rigs that were there, including the last Washington sighting of the official ARB FJ cruiser that is now the property of Toyota of Dallas, congrats to those guys it is a nice RIG!

taiko

[IMG]
Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch[/IMG]

[IMG]

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

[IMG]

[IMG]

My Rig

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

One last shot of the rig, washed for the summer!

[IMG]
Old 07-12-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ARB has some nice stuff but there prices are to high on just about everything.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats a sweet lookin fridge! What can you fit in there??
Old 07-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

Myyota- I hear you on prices. That's the beauty of ordering tax-free with no shipping charges if you live local to Washington State.
Even if you don't live close, the prices that Phil and Jacque charge are really good.
I compared the prices of recovery kits to WARN and Milemarker, the quality of ARB is just so much nicer.
I think ultimately though for something like a recovery kit the price is worth it. It's like a scuba regulator when I was working professionally as a diving instructor doing deep dives. People would be quibbling over the price of a regulator, telling me the prices were too high. I was trying to tell them that this was their life they were talking about. Lots of people would buy the cheapest one they could find. Then they would be surprised when they would get water in their mouths at 100 feet, that it would free-flow, and even crap out on them. I think a recovery kit falls into the same category as this, when my rig is hanging from a tree strap for example
Old 07-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by myyota
ARB has some nice stuff but there prices are to high on just about everything.
Originally Posted by taikowaza
...trying to tell them that this was their life they were talking about. Lots of people would buy the cheapest one they could find. Then they would be surprised when they would get water in their mouths at 100 feet, that it would free-flow, and even crap out on them. I think a recovery kit falls into the same category as this, when my rig is hanging from a tree strap for example
You get what you pay for most assuredly with ARB stuff.

I got an ARB fridge and it was hella expensive, but considering its durability and what is does, well worth it for cold beer at the end of a long day.

It got real old at SE4RJ6 for folks who had to constantly go get ice day after day, sometime several times a day, as hot as it was. ARB stayed nice and cold...like 35F all day long.

You pay for quality stuff.

Looks like you got some nice stuff for sure!

Old 07-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Contributing Member

thanks jay and waskilly! Jay the fridge is really big on the inside. It can hold 72 cans, just a ton of space. The biggest improvements from the last model are that the lid just pops off at the hinges anytime you want it to. The previous model's lid was attached at the hinges, these would rust and get bent/ripped off it the lid were bumped. The new lid just pops off and makes it way easier to load. The digital readout can be set to F or C and the menu is dead easy to use. (all instructions are printed on the lid anyway so you don't need a manual). You can run it off of your lighter in the vehicle on DC power but I highly recommend getting an inverter and running it off of there. i ran an extension cord stealth under the carpet running from the inverter to the back. The extension cable is long so the fridge can be placed on the ground behind the rig anytime when tailgating etc.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:25 PM

Very nice. Thanks for the review.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i need an arb fridge.... ice and dry ice is getting old..

congrats on the new toys!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:07 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice haul you got there!
Last week when leaving work (I work just a few blocks from ARB headquarters) I had a red H3 pull up next to me at the light to go down the road to ARB.

Very nice H3, and it had an ARB awning and ARB roof top tent on it.
It was this one, did you see it there?

Enjoy the fridge, it is so nice not having to mess with ice anymore.