86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Throw down time

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Throw down time

I want to start off by saying thanks to all who have helped me with issues in the past. Without this site, I would not be able to afford to keep my 4 runner.

Now down to business. I have a couple of nagging problems with the runner. First, there is a hole on the underside of my bellhousing approx. 2" by 4". Will this cause any problems on a trail. I have a replacement housing, but the job of doing it would be a pain.

Second, my t-case makes a weird grinding noise at times: low rpm's in low gears in either 4HI or 4LO. It only does this when I let off the gas, say going down hill, and puts a stress back through the gears to the engine. It's a different t-case than the original, and I don't remember the original doing this.

(side note, trans and t-case were swapped 'bout 3 months back. No hole in bell housing on either at the time, and I still have the other t-case. the new tranny came with a case, so both were swapped.)

Third, an oil leak from some where other than the main seals and valve cover gaskets. Ideas and suggestions on where to look.

Lastly, there is a water leak somewhere from the roof. Is this common, and what is the most likely culprit, luggage rack, or sunroof.

Thanks for all the help YOTATECH has been.