Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

RIP Mightymouse. My truck caught fire! time for a new one.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 06:59 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Ok, well, I just had to share this with ya..... apparently... 'CHICKS DIG EM SLAMMED!' hahahaha........

This guy has THOUSANDSSSSSSSS into this thing. Each to his own, I guess. Sorry, just thought I'd make you laugh, haha.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:00 PM

Actually.... the colors aren't bad compared to some I've seen! hahahaha.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
not a bad rig for sure but toooo low for me. I still need it to be a truck and haul me quad, mulch, dirt, parts for the 84 you get the picture. I looked at 18's and they're too big for me so i'm sticking between 15"rims and 17" rims for now. Thanks for the pics though. I'm hooked up with some guys from toyotamini's forum to get some info as well. Met some cool guys here in stl and dc. Toyota community rocks no matter what aspect you look into.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:15 PM

Oh yeah, I know... Trust me, they're EVERYWHERE, here in Los Angeles! lol. I used to hang with some guys from "Chrome Mafia", .....great guys, very 'anti-illegal anything', etc. Well, a few illegal mods, etc., but no drugs, Drunk driving, ...you get the picture, hahaha.

Yeah, that paint with about 3" less drop and maybe 50's instead of 20 low pro's, lol...
Old 11-18-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah man, that sucks so bad. My truck could have been like that a few months ago with a fuel fire, luckily I had a fire extinguisher handy and nothing bad happened besides replacing a fuel line.

But look on the bright side man, now you can get a SFA yota
Old 11-19-2010, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey mighty mouse i think new rims would make "travis" look so much cooler. lol either way it looks lik a dependable dd man still cant wait to see the 84. i know you have to be so pumped
Old 11-19-2010, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your truck. My FJ40 caught fire in my driveway once shortly after I bought it. Fortunately the hood was open and I was about 6 feet from a garden hose so I put it out quick. And it was an electrical short and not gas so once out it was out. But anyhow my 89 sprung a gas leak about 5 years ago that may very well have been the same thing yours experienced. But mine amazingly didn't catch on fire. I had just painted a friends car and I sent him home in the 89 while it dried. He lived about 20 miles away. When he got back the next day he commented how he couldn't believe how bad it was on gas. That was when I noticed I could smell gas and the truck was about 30 feet away. I opened the hood (truck was off) and pretty much the entire underside of the hood and much of the engine compartment was wet with gasoline. The hard line from the pump to the engine had rusted out just before the flex line where it attaches to the fuel filter. It was only a pinhole leak, but under high pressure it went everywhere. He probably went through about 5 gallons of gas on his way back to my place, leaking the whole way. I simply cut the line back to where it was solid and flared the end, then hose-clamped in a piece of high pressure braided fuel hose. It's really just a yard truck now but it's been fine ever since.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cant' believe I missed this thread!

That sucks, brother. But I'm glad you've got a replacement on the way. And I'm super jealous that it's an '84!
Old 11-19-2010, 12:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BackGateYota92
hey mighty mouse i think new rims would make "travis" look so much cooler. lol either way it looks lik a dependable dd man still cant wait to see the 84. i know you have to be so pumped
I agree, but no gangster rims and nothing larger than a 17" please LOL.

Any word on when your 84 will be ready? It's getting close to Thanksgiving!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
84 should be ready by this month. And yeah no bigger than 17" for me. Expensive tires suck and i still want it to be a truck and i will use it accordingly. Not that i don't like the dropped look just want my truck to still be a truck. The rims i'm looking at for the travis truck are looking like the bullit rims off of a mustang but i'm holding out for the price i want to pay for them. Most cragslist adds want 350 to 600 for a set with tires and honestly i can wait til the pizza cutter tires currently on there wear out before i throw that kind of money at tires for a dd beater rig. Cragars would be cool too.