86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rancho 4" lift kit for IFS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho 4" lift kit for IFS?

So I wa browsing the local Craigslist and someone posted a Rancho 4 inch lift kit for sale brand new in box. He advertised that it comes with new torsion bars shocks and rear springs. However I cannot find any information online on this kit. And from the picture the rear looks like an add a leaf. I was looking to replace the 4" lift blocks on the rear of my 86 4Runner with springs.

Can anyone shed some insight on this? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Rancho 4" lift kit for IFS?-image.jpg  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck is currently lifted on what I believe to be at least part of the Rancho kit, maybe more, came with the truck. It has bigger torsions, appears to be a whole different leaf pack, tubular upper control arms (acts as BJ spacer), a diff drop and huge shackles, along with Rancho shocks all around. I think all but the shackles are part of the kit, but I don't know for sure.

All I can say is, its pretty stiff. If you're looking for flex and you don't have a lot of weight from extra bumpers and other gear, you're probably not gonna like this kit. In 2WD, I spin tire reversing onto my slightly off-camber lawn when the grass is wet. If you don't have a diff drop now, and the kit comes with one, that would be a benefit. Remember though, unless you're running real big tires, you should be able to fit them without much of a lift at all, which would be the best solution. Far less stress on the CVs, lower center of gravity, etc. For this reason, the whole lift is getting removed and everything returned to stock. Should yield far more flex and the 31s should fit nicely.