86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pulled out two stuck trucks today!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled out two stuck trucks today!!

I went to a local motorcycle race today and came across a man that was in a big diesel van and had tried to cross a ditch but his hitch caught him on the asphalt. No hooks on the front but the hitch in the back worked fine. I just locked her down in low and let her go. It wasnt anything for this little beast.

The second stuck was when we were on a dirt road and a woman pulled her huge club wagon van into a ditch across from me. soon her left tires were mired with gooey mud. I hooked up the chain and pulled her out from a hitch in the back. Again there were no tow hooks on this van so no go for front extraction. I let the clutch out in low and as soon as i felt the chain tighten i gave her hell. All fours churning thanks to the Detroit truetracs. Lets just say i got a little too carried away and didn't even stop until some kids yelled at me to. Apparently i had still been dragging her with her brakes locked. WoW this wasn't a mini van either. I aabout this tale i just had to share with you guys. I'm so proud of the little yota. Feel free to share your tales or ask me questions . Thanks Clint
Old 03-18-2007, 05:00 PM

sounds like fun to me, i wanna pull some hopeless soul out of mud now...altho that hopeless soul will most likely be me, boo to open diffs
Old 03-18-2007, 05:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
ya man i hear ya, i just got a Detroit in my rear, im ready to get someone out of somthing.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:35 PM

i pulled a '78 chevy 1500 4x4 outta the snow with my lil girl. gotta new clutch in it. set me back about 776.88 is taht alot
Old 03-18-2007, 05:55 PM

I just bought my truck yesterday and I had to pull somebody out of the driveway this morning

but my subaru would've pulled him out just as easily
Old 03-18-2007, 06:01 PM

i could probally pull my little sisters bike out of the mud. thats about it. lol. but i sure am good at getting pulled out. in fact, im a pro. -_^
Old 03-18-2007, 06:22 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, it's fun to go around here after snow storms and pull people out. I even pulled out a 15k lb truck that came to work to calibrate our scales.

It sounds like you were using a chain though - that is very hard on your truck. Get a recovery strap with some stretch!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
everybody? lol
Old 03-18-2007, 06:25 PM

next time i get stuck, i will most deff get some pics. lol. im sure it wont b long.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:42 PM

when we first got our excursion we went to azusa and we had fun mudding and what not and we see a lifted F250 and a lifted silverado 2500 both stuck in the same mud pile...they both had like a 8" lift and the mud was up to the middle of the fords front grill and the chevys wheels...well we went over there with our trusty excursion and pulled them both out in one tug lol..crazy V10's lol..i didnt have my4runner then but im sure it couldnt have pulled out those two trucks..just goes to show that sometime the highest lift isnt the best thing haha
Old 03-18-2007, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by dijlop
next time i get stuck, i will most deff get some pics. lol. im sure it wont b long.
lol! i used to have a little red truck just like yours and i'd let my frinds show off their 4x4's by getting myself stuck and letting them pull me out!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 PM

Last night a towed a isuzu trooper out of some pretty good mud with no trouble at all. it amazes my how these little ttucks can pull much bigger vehicle out
Old 03-18-2007, 08:38 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All in the gearing and power these things have. I pulled out a totally built jeep that was stuck in the snow not to long ago..and I got a stock T100..I loved the look on that guys face..
Old 03-18-2007, 09:22 PM

i gotta 86 p/u with bald back tires and i got stuck in about a 2 a half foot deep snow drift mainly cuz my skid plow was piling snow and my front end got high center n my backs a bald.....well the jeep that was with me got stuck right behind me well we finally got it out but didnt have a chain so i call a guy with a 94 yukon......he started pulling me out and got me half way out and then he got stuck in our ruts next 2 the drift from us driving by a few times. so then the jeep finished pulling me out and then he got stuck....so in the end i ended up pulling out a 89 jeep and a 94 yukon
Old 03-18-2007, 09:24 PM

a week later i got 2 pull my moms 95 astro van about a mile and in january i pulled a little car about 3miles in the snow including up snow hills
Old 03-19-2007, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
roflmao, it just depends on the situation! We got our 10K+ pound bucket truck off the side of the road once; the passenger side rear dual dropped off into the ditch & it wouldn't come out for all the sweet talk or cussing my buddy could throw at it. (he stuck it so I just sat back & laughed)

About that time a grizzled old man from the house we were near came rolling out in a John Deere LAWN tractor (riding lawn mower ) & offered to pull the truck out.

I'm sure I seemed like a sanctimonious prick but I laughed out loud, I couldn't help it! He just shot me a g.t.h. look & explained that the mower had a locking rear diff & was heavier than it looked. I apologized & thanked him for his efforts but again I explained how heavy our bucket was & that even though the truck wasn't mired in mud or high centered, I still doubted the mower would do anything but break & I didn't want to be responsible for that. He told me he wouldn't hold me responsible (he had something to prove after I laughed at his Deere) so I told my buddy to hook it up :shrug:

You know; that little riding lawn mower actually did pull that truck out of the ditch! I was speechless & the old fella just grinned ear to ear & putted off.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Contributing Member

I had a '84 runner with 31" mud rovers on it. We were out wheelin and I came across a '72 blazer with 35" thornbirds stuck really bad. I had to give a little tug but my little open diff runner did the job. Then just for kicks I went through the same whole in 2 wheel drive. Man I miss that truck.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:11 PM

I love the comments guys keep them coming. I know I need to buy a tow strap for recovery but a chain was all that was available. Every time i hook up a chain i get an eerie feeling when it jerks you. I want a 10 foot and a 20ft if anyone can direct to somewhere that has one. Tell me your stuck and pulling out stories and share picture if you have them.
Thanks Clint
Old 03-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 03-19-2007, 06:21 PM

Sorry i didn't have a camera with me but i wish i did. Next time i will make sure and take a few pics. If any one has pictures please share as i agree a picture can say a thousand words.

Quick Reply: Pulled out two stuck trucks today!!