Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Paint ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint ideas?

i am looking to paint my 87 4 runner. I dont want anythign to crazy i am just looking for some cool colors that people like or have used themselves and mabey some pinstriping? Also what colors do clear scratches show up on the most. IS there celar i can get that is hard and better fro offroad use where bushes scratch it etc. Or can i just use more coats of a more standard clear?

Right now i am liking the idea of plain gloss black and running the blue and red pinstrip like what is on my wheels. How do you think this would look?

Currently i have black steelies but i am buying all new tire and mabey rims soon and and might buy either classic 1 or 2's
Old 08-13-2006, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A black would look good, but if you are going to wheel it, keep in mind that you will get some dents and scratches in it. Black hides scratches pretty well, but dents stick out like a sore thumb most of the time (at least on mine they did). If you don't care much about beating the hell out of it, then I would have to say black would be cool. I would want metallic blue, but that is just me.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:19 PM

ya im not to worried about it. I dont wheel on trial where the is places to recive dents. Only time i ever gto BD was when i didnt have sliders. The only Bd i have to fix befor paint is the crease in my drivers side door. Plus black paint is alot cheaper than mettalics and that stuff. Anyone know abotu different clears and there ablity to resit scratches and if it does scratch how easy it will be to buff out?
Old 08-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OD Green, and mount a gun on the roll bar.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:48 PM

haha mabey if i lived in montana to bad this is washington but when prarie dog huntin in montana i have seen it all i seen a dodge tih a guy in a lawn chair and a semi out 22-250 mounted on a tripod in the back...

anywya back to the paint have any pics of a olive drap except gloss and not falt i tihnk that might look cool it wouldnt stand otu but it wouldnt look liek every other car in the lot. but tis not like a lifted 4runner with bumpers and i light bar on top doesnt stand out already..