Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Osidetiger upgraded 12-hole injector review

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 01:54 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Osidetiger upgraded 12-hole injector review

Hi folks,

I recently found out about a product by Osidetiger, a fuel injector cleaning service that also provides upgraded (and high-flow if needed) injectors for a variety of vehicles. I wanted to share a review here to let ya'll know about this cool upgrade. These injectors are sold on eBay but you can get in touch with them directly as well.

Firstly, let me say that I have had a lot of communication with Charlie at Osidetiger and they are top-notch with respect to customer service. They answered my questions promptly and were open with relevant technical information. Really nice folks to work with!!

Some years back I had my factory injectors serviced by WitchHunter. I later upgraded in 2013 to a product sold by Flamethrower (who isn't in business anymore it seems) which was a Bosch (I think) design with a conical port to improve atomization. Here's my writeup on the install. They were definitely an improvement and I was happy with them for years. I only switched to these Osidetiger ones to try something new and to check them out before using their product on my other 4Runner with a 3RZ.

Note: I'm just using attached rather than embedded images so you will see the pictures in order of mention.

The Osidetiger injectors are an Aisin design with 12 holes at the port -- sorry I did not grab a good picture of the port but they are on their website if you want to see. The packaging was excellent and it came with well-made adapter harnesses and a jumper harness to delete the factory injector resistor. New o-rings and spacers were also included.

I lubed the o-rings with silicone before installing. Everything went together without and drama at all. I also left the battery disconnected for 24hr to let the ECU reset. After I got the manifold back together I cranked it a bit for it to build fuel pressure. Once it started the idle was noticeable smoother.

Driving around I can tell that the power is slightly improved and the acceleration is smoother. It's definitely an overall improvement. I have been getting 18mpg usually and will report back if I find mileage is improved.

I can say that I highly recommend this upgrade especially if you've been thinking about having your stock injectors serviced anyway. The price was comparable to an injector service package.

Thanks for reading!

The following users liked this post:
Tannertmx85 (08-11-2023)
Old 05-09-2022, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for your write-up! I just bough these injectors and was wondering, due to their high impedence and bypassing the injector resistor, couldn't we use an 86-88 ecu instead of being just limited to an 88? curious as it was extremely difficult for me to find a CA 88 ECU and would be much easier to find any of these years ECUs in case we need to replace ours. Thank you.
Old 08-11-2023, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Either of you guys have a long term review on these? I bought some for a rebuild of a truck I have. I’m curious about them long term vs the factory ones . I have no comparison as I’ve never driven it cause motor was blown and it’s missing one injector. So I figure this was easier to get than finding a one year 1988 injector my truck uses.