Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

OME Part # verifications?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OME Part # verifications?

OK, the interweb ate (I think) my first attempt. Thanks, interweb, you giant dbag of surveillance.

So, I am trying to track down a package deal on an OME 2" kit for this gen of IFS truck (not 4runner). Rocky-road appears to offer one, but due to the dubious reviews I'm a little hesitant to go with them.

Therefore I'm now looking to order the various pieces one at a time. For those of you that have installed these parts, can you verify the following parts #'s:

front shocks: N98
rear shocks: N85...or N94?
leaf springs: CS019R
and, steering stabilizer: OMESD33

Anyone with good links to package deals is encouraged to chimp in!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would give Scotty a call at addicted offroad. Reasonable with stellar rep.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scotty's an OME dealer? Never knew. Anyway, though I've never installed the parts on a pickup, I have the front shocks on my Runner...and the best place I've found that lists OME part numbers is here
http://www.4by4connection.com/picstancabif.html

If Scotty is a dealer, he's probably more likely to make a package deal than 4x4connection. Call both.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by JonnyBoy
Scotty's an OME dealer? Never knew. Anyway, though I've never installed the parts on a pickup, I have the front shocks on my Runner...and the best place I've found that lists OME part numbers is here
http://www.4by4connection.com/picstancabif.html

If Scotty is a dealer, he's probably more likely to make a package deal than 4x4connection. Call both.
Well that's a start. Don't know how I missed that. Thanks!

Its a little bs that bushings are priced like they are. I'll try Scotty--tho i never noticed OME stuff on his site, either. Addicted seems like good people that make some cool stuff.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make sure you order the bushings and shackles as well...
Old 12-04-2013, 08:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Scotty is not an OME dealer...Trailgear Yes.

Cruiser Outfitters is the best place to order OME stuff. Kurt is the owner and will take care of you.

or...

Slee Offroad is another great place, however they are a little more pricier than Cruiser Outfitters. Christo is the owner and he is the only person that I will let touch my 200 series Land Cruiser. They are the OME ninjas of the Land Cruiser World.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
www.4wheelonline sells OME, but you will have to wait for it. They have the best prices on OME parts that I could find for my 1st gen pickup, plus most of it has free shipping. It typically took me about 5-8 weeks to get parts because they order once a month from Australia. Their website is crap so as long as you have the parts numbers, you can do a search and find what you want relatively easily.

But like I said, if you don't mind the wait, they might be your best bet.

www.4by4connection.com also sells OME. Again, crap website, but they have the goods.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:04 AM

Received 346 Likes on 215 Posts
Don't forget the bushings. You need to order two sets of bushings. 1x bushing bag fits 1x leaf spring. Make sure you order 2x springs. If you order 1 leaf, you get one side.

Here's a few videos I put together when I installed my OME CS009R on my 87 4Runner. Hope they help.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:19 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
This is the package that TrdParts4U listed for me when I ordered from them back in 2008, for my 1993 pickup. I got everything but the t-bars. I've noticed prices have gone up a tad since then :

> 303003 OME Torsion Bars $140.00
> BJS1 SDORI Ball Joint Spacers 1.5" $99.00
> N98 OME Front Shocks $140.00
> CS019R or CSO20R OME Dakar Rear Springs $241.00
> N85 or N94 OME Rear Shocks $140.00
> SD33 OME Steering Damper $62.00
> SB43 OME Bushing Kit $40.00
> U53B OME U Bolts $34.00
> Sonoran Steel IFS Truss $80.00

I honestly cannot recall which of the two rear shocks I got, but I can check when I get home - pretty sure I know where the sales receipt is at. I want to say I got the N94s

Bushings - yes, get 2 sets. You will also most likely need new u-bolts. Many people say those are a non-reusable part for whatever reason, I'm more thinking it's related to rust/seized threads, perhaps i'm wrong -- one thing to consider is whether or not you'll be doing a u-bolt flip in the future and buying them twice like I did (but you'll have to solve the shock mount welding issue).

I chose not to do the OME torsion bars and shackles - was afraid of too stiff front end without winch/bumper and didn't plan on lifting more than 2"...but now I want longer shackles to lift the rear .5-1" now that I've upped my tire size.

When I installed the lift, I did it in stages - did the shocks and leafs almost a year before the BJ spacers/front lift. The rear was definitely raked quite a bit and did settle after helping it go faster by hauling some heavy loads and driving a bumpy/curvy road to cycle the suspension. Now that everything's done, I've got a level truck at 22.5" from center of both f/r axles to bottom of fender lips to give you an idea of what height it will be once settled in. Also, I felt the new suspension was WAY stiff compared to the worn out stock suspension, so I chose to take off my swaybar and was much happier with the ride. It's up to you on that one, but it's not like you can't put it back on if you don't like it.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by highonpottery
This is the package that TrdParts4U listed for me when I ordered from them back in 2008, for my 1993 pickup. I got everything but the t-bars. I've noticed prices have gone up a tad since then :

If you have any questions, let me know.
Lawd Reekris! Thanks so much for taking the time to put that together! That is seriously helpful.

A sidenote, a vendor is trying to tell me that the OME kit does not require BJ spacers (or other equipment?) to level the front with the rear. Doesn't make sense to me.

I decided to go this way after checking out Outlawmike's rig and liking the Bang:Buck ratio. It's encouraging to see others have done it.

Edit: I, too, was going to pass on the torsion bar, though the anti-inversion shackles seem like a not terrible investment. Maybe the vendor is thinking I'll crank the pooh out of the torsion to level the truck?

Also, thanks arlindsay for the vids. I'm sure I'll be glad to have those links in an easy to find place.

Last edited by dromomaniac; 12-05-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:02 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
no, BJ spacers are not required to level out the truck - you can simply put more preload on the t-bars to achieve height. the downfall to this is the extra preload will make the ride stiff in front for DD and very little uptravel when trying to articulate offroad. if you add spacers, you can essentially keep the same setting up front and still get good articulation. also, BJ spacers (on the same tbar setting) can achieve more downtravel, thus less tire lifting.

you will definitely have to do something up front to level the truck back out unless you are trying a achieve the raked look - perhaps you always have a load of tools or a heavy canopy on the back all the time that lowers the height and no need to lift the front.

as for the shackles, you can stay with stock if they are still in good condition and you're not looking to lift the rear any more than the 1.75/2" that the leafs do on their own (once settled). if you're looking to wheel a lot and lift rear tires, or want new/different shackles; then anti-inversion shackles are not a bad idea, they will be good in the situations where a leaf can drop then get stuck against the frame. i think the vendor just knows how notorious an IFS toyota is for "3-wheeling" thus suggested the anti-inversions.

Last edited by highonpottery; 12-05-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by snobdds
Scotty is not an OME dealer...Trailgear Yes.

Cruiser Outfitters is the best place to order OME stuff. Kurt is the owner and will take care of you.

or...

Slee Offroad is another great place, however they are a little more pricier than Cruiser Outfitters. Christo is the owner and he is the only person that I will let touch my 200 series Land Cruiser. They are the OME ninjas of the Land Cruiser World.
Yes I am. Just because I don't list it on the site, doesn't mean I don't sell it. We sell a lot more than just Trail-Gear and our own stuff.

Last edited by ScottyC; 12-11-2013 at 10:23 AM.