86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Looking to take truck off the road...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking to take truck off the road...

So I picked up a 1994 Mazada Navajeo because I am thinking about putting my 91 under the knife so I am asking you guys for some input/advice I rebuilt the engine last winter and have had zero issues with it so powerplant is covered. I seen Blue Torch has this for the rear http://www.bluetorchfab.com/shop/pro...roducts_id=459
So the rear could be a four link or I could lift it with a set of springs and new shocks. I am sourcing a front axle and would like to make the front four link for sure. Now would it just be a better route to keep the rear leaf springs. Now keep in mind this hopefully will happen over a long period of time my buddy who I have been helping build a rock crawler has agreed to help (I'll try to snap some pics of his rig). I would be using Aussie lockers front & rear and 5.29 gears in both axles. I already have access to another transfer case just have to get the dual case adapter from Marlin. All the link parts we would fab up so money could be saved there. The next thing is I was tossing around either using coilovers or coil springs and shocks my buddy said to go with coilovers. And if and when I start this I will be sure to start up a thread and take tons of pics. So any and all advice is welcomed Thanks.