Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Locals of Washington State!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locals of Washington State!!!

Hey I just got based at Mcchord Air base and I wanted to know of all the wheeling areas around here. The base is in the tacoma area. I have already been to Tahuya and ridden motocross at straddleline in olympia. Any places around here let me know. Thank you.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:15 AM

Way up north in Monroe we have Reiter Pit, then there's Walker Valley and someplace else I can't rembe the name of....

I'm sure there's a lot more around someone will chim in lol.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:56 AM

wheelin places

oh man you gotta come up here to the olympic peninsula, weve got it all. i think the best in my opinion up here is called slab camp which has hill climbs, trails, mud pits, rock climbs and pits, and many ponds..and theres alot of these types of places that have everything up here. its awesome. wheel on bro
Old 10-31-2008, 12:05 PM

sounds awesome, your gonna have to show me sometime. I tried looking it up on the net and it says no motorized vehicles allowed. hmm maybe i was looking at the hiking part of slab camp.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:22 PM

slab camp

technically the first part is a public road off of lost mountain road in sequim, so it goes up there, and then theres a fork in the road: one for private, and one for public. keep going straight and you go to the top of the mountain and all around you'll see the wheelin places, ponds in middle, hill climbs on the right, rock pits on left, and trails everywhere..another good place is just west of port angeles, and its joyce access road. this one is a road that goes all the way up a mountain above lake sutherland, and it just has a lot of side roads and trails on the way up. up here theres just alot of choices i guess
Old 10-31-2008, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Elbe Hills, Evans Creek and Reiter are all fun places to wheel !!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i usually end up going down to Browns Camp outside of portland. its 3 hrs from tacoma.

but everyone else pretty much nailed the rest around here.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:20 PM

Elbe hills is pretty sick i've wheeled up there a few times in my stock 86 and it did just fine but i did not try some of the more intense trails like the Busywild and crap
Old 11-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dam backside of FT.Lewis Roy side around the tank training area 10 mins from you.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:11 PM

ya i know ive been out there on my bike before but i never thought about wheeling my truck out there...

i may have to go try that
Old 11-02-2008, 01:41 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome, what's your rig set up like? got a couple of buddies I go out with or We'll go out as a family solo. Evans creek is nice, seem to go there most. Suprise like is nice. Naches pass is a cool drive, but will close on Nov 15. Naches ends where there is a ton of trails, but check the condition of Chinook pass prior to running. Tahula is cool for stockers. Only been to Elbe last winter for sledding, haven't run any trails yet. Oh I'm on Ft Lewis. Some muddin holes in the Nisqualie basin, but the Army engineers went back there to limit access people were dump everything back there. And a nice hill climb on the back of N. Fort. Check out the trail section alot of trails from Wa on there.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 AM

we used to go out behind Ravensdale on the power lines.... homeland security patrols there these days so that's a no go.... at this point i'm breaking in my motor and waiting for the snow to fall.

there are a few trails [4w301 and 4w302] out past Salmon al Sac that are challanging for stock rigs
Old 11-02-2008, 11:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i just moved to washington too, i was talkin to a guy and he said him and his club wheel elbe hills quite a bit, i've done some logging roads up there it looks like nice terrain i bet the trails are sick ive only heard great things. let me know if you wanna go wheelin sometime i dont know anybody in washington that wheels lol
weyerhauser is also supposed to be pretty nice but the loggers will say
where is Mcchord Air base?
Old 11-02-2008, 04:11 PM

is the group hes talkin about body damage inc. i kno they wheel up there alot
Old 11-03-2008, 11:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sweet... good info.

i've been to Moses Lake (the sand dunes) and some very treacherous places on the way..rocky hills w/runnoff gooves, gets very muddy...
Old 11-04-2008, 12:08 PM

Found this:
http://www.nwjeepn.com/wAtrails.htm

Should get you started!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by jheyne
is the group hes talkin about body damage inc. i kno they wheel up there alot
Yeah thats them, I just bought a truck from Mike Myers, he said that usually where they go
Old 11-04-2008, 04:03 PM

ya ive seen them up there before when i was up there wheelin they have some pretty intense rigs i was thinkin bout gettin in there group or something but my truck is no where near cool enough yet
Old 11-05-2008, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by algranger
Yeah thats them, I just bought a truck from Mike Myers, he said that usually where they go
Cant remember the guys name but our 1st gen pick up (the one in my avatar) used to belong to one of the guys from BDI Seems like a good bunch of guys
Old 11-05-2008, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by jheyne
ya ive seen them up there before when i was up there wheelin they have some pretty intense rigs i was thinkin bout gettin in there group or something but my truck is no where near cool enough yet
Yeah same here lol. I wanna wheel with 'em when i get my truck built up a bit. You know the group is open to anyone with a toyota so you should join if you want

Originally Posted by 01rnrgirl
Cant remember the guys name but our 1st gen pick up (the one in my avatar) used to belong to one of the guys from BDI Seems like a good bunch of guys
Yeah i just bought a truck from a BDI guy too haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Locals of Washington State!!!