Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Junkyards in Austin area w/Toyotas?

Old 04-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junkyards in Austin area w/Toyotas?

Hey folks, anyone know a junkyard around Austin that has 2nd gen 4Runners, and aren't complete jerks? I've had really bad experiences with the junkyards around here. They're the rudest folks I've ever met and they charge way too much. One wanted more than the dealership for a fan shroud, ugh. Wish we had a pick'n'pull closer by, I've heard lots of good things about them.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:51 PM

Not sure if there is anything in Austin, but San Antonio has one.

A-1 Toyota Salvage
302 New Laredo Highway
San Antonio,TX 78211-1908
USA
Ph: (210) 921-0031
Old 04-14-2010, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jsn_stockard
Not sure if there is anything in Austin, but San Antonio has one.

A-1 Toyota Salvage
302 New Laredo Highway
San Antonio,TX 78211-1908
USA
Ph: (210) 921-0031
Good spot had a decent amount of second gens when I was there saw a first gen rollbar their awhile back and scooped it up for a decent price. Some of the guys where cool the other ones where dicks but play it cool with them you might find what you need.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:58 PM

www.car-part.com

Search for whateveer part you are looking for, enter your zip code and it can sort from closest to you out from there. I love that site, it actually catches pretty much every major yard I've seen. I'm sure it doesn't get 100% of them, but for the most part I haven't searched for anything and not found it.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:45 PM

where have you been? ive been to capital city auto parts near congress and slaughter and browning auto parts on cesar chavez.. i like both of them. browning is cheaper but dont have as much to choose from. capital lets you walk out and pull most things you need and they have 2nd gens stacked on each other everywhere!!! sad to see a limited sr5 with sunroof leather and tint smooshed by a the land rover on top of it ... there are a few salvage yards by capital but im not sure if they have too many 4runners and besides they hate white ppl. i went into arons auto parts and i speak a lil spanish and i heard a barter go on so i figured i could get away with on but no luck because im not their kind
Old 04-15-2010, 04:28 PM

Awesome, thanks for the tips guys. car-part.com is pretty expensive; for two tanks of gas I can get the same bumper, same price incl. gas, by driving to Dallas, and I need more parts than just that. I'll give A-1 a call, see how their prices are, I've got folks down there which makes the 1 hour drive even less painful (us Austinites are spoiled, nothing's more than 15 minutes away here).

There's also pick-n-pull in SA, but they don't have any 2nd gens; a few pick-n-pulls in Dallas with a whole bunch; and a fella in the Dallas area (Garland) "The 4Runner House" who seems to specialize in yota trucks. I'll contact them all and report my findings.

Ooh, just saw osamabinkeifen's post, I'll check out capital city too. I'm looking for some of the 'oak' limited trim, maybe the land rover hasn't smashed all of it? Man, I don't think it's a Hispanic/White thing at all, I think it's just junkyard types, hate the world.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 PM

believe i saw some of the trim still there the stuff around the radio had allready been gone through! i stole a passenger visor from that one!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by betelnut
Awesome, thanks for the tips guys. car-part.com is pretty expensive; for two tanks of gas I can get the same bumper, same price incl. gas, by driving to Dallas, and I need more parts than just that. I'll give A-1 a call, see how their prices are, I've got folks down there which makes the 1 hour drive even less painful (us Austinites are spoiled, nothing's more than 15 minutes away here).

There's also pick-n-pull in SA, but they don't have any 2nd gens; a few pick-n-pulls in Dallas with a whole bunch; and a fella in the Dallas area (Garland) "The 4Runner House" who seems to specialize in yota trucks. I'll contact them all and report my findings.

Ooh, just saw osamabinkeifen's post, I'll check out capital city too. I'm looking for some of the 'oak' limited trim, maybe the land rover hasn't smashed all of it? Man, I don't think it's a Hispanic/White thing at all, I think it's just junkyard types, hate the world.

The '4runner House" in Garland pretty cool he's just getting things started up got a decent amount of 4ruuner parts in good condition His names Joey really nice guy to deal with, I picked up my matching tailgate and spare tire carrier for my 2dr for a decent price, he showed me around and has plenty of used parts in stock.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:58 PM

car-part.com isn't a web store or some crap like that... It is a junkyard search. No more, no less. And don't forget, pay cash and they'll usually negotiate a little

Originally Posted by betelnut

Old 12-29-2012, 11:35 AM

i know this was an old post, but i recently got a 95 4runner and i go to Aarons auto near slaughter and on congress