Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

IFS Wheel Hub Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IFS Wheel Hub Assembly

Help!!!! I have searched and searched but I cannot find the wheel hub for a 94 toyota 4x4 ifs. I am looking for the part where the wheel bearing is pressed into. I was able to purchase a set from a junk yard a while back but now my passenger front aisin hub got water in it and the bearing is seized to the spindle. I am looking to replace as many parts with new items as possible. Thank you for any information you can provide.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:55 AM

I would just hit up your local pick-in-pull. any IFS hub from 86-95 should work. I had extra's but i put them on my 85 for width.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The bearings are not pressed in. Can you not knock your old bearing/races out and replace with a bearing kit? I'll bet if you hit it with some cold and heat applications, those races will come out.

Funny though, I can't find a part number either. I doubt you damaged it beyond serviceability.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:50 AM

Received 820 Likes on 648 Posts
http://www.toyotapartsoverstock.com/...ssembly=514604

It could be 43511-39015 (left-hand), but you need to use YOUR VIN to get the correct variant.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:03 PM

I have redone the bearings in this set of hubs 6 months ago. I know the bearings aren't the press in type, the passenger side bearing is welded from all the heat that built up. It is either seized onto the spindle or the inner bearing is stuck. I haven't been able to get the disk break hub assembly off of the spindle as of yet. I have it soaking now with PB Blaster so maybe I can pull and pry on it enough to break it free.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:02 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Just how long did you drive it and why to cause that much heat .

if it got as hot as you say .

You might have to replace the steering knuckle as well

your best bet is go to a yard and buy the whole side..if you can afford all new by all means go for it.

with heat damage like this soaking in your favorite penetrating oil will only be a benefit after you break it loose.

time for the torch !!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:16 AM

I bought the truck used. It's a 94 toyota pickup 4x4 ifs. The truck has a 6 inch pro comp lift with a 15x12 wheel running 33x15.5x15 super swampers. About 6 months after getting the truck I heard a loud squeal from the drivers side front and the truck lurched to the left violently. When the front end was torn down I found that the wheel bearings on the front had exploded in the hub and the aisin manual locking hub was turned to dust, there was no spring inside and the back of the dial face was sheared off. I bought two used wheel hub assemblies. These consisted of cv shafts that had been cut, spindles, wheel hubs, manual aisin hubs everything except calipers. I used both hubs and kept the other parts as spares.

I can tell that there was water in the the right side now that I have torn it down. The problem i have is that I have the caliper removed, the manual hub off, the spacer, 54mm nuts, and lock washer removed. I pulled what looked like the back of the outer bearing out with a pick while I was cleaning out all the old grease. I can turn the wheel and see the bearing insides spin, but when I try to pull the rotor/hub assembly off the spindle it will not come off. This is why I believe that either the inner bearing got hot and welded itself to the spindle or the bearing race is what is holding the bearings in and not allowing the assembly to be removed.

I am going to remove the ball joints and whole spindle and all off the truck and see if I can press the bearings out. I don't want to heat the parts on the truck because there is still grease inside.

I believe that because the offset on the wheels sticks them outside the fender about 6 to 8 inches the pressure along with the hub face not having the star gasket on allowed water into the hub and bearing causing premature wear on the bearings.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:45 PM

I had to replace a whole entire side when my 86 locked up after beating on it for a year strait and doing dumb kid stuff like hanging out in big puddles cause i thought i was cool. I couldn't even get my big nut off. Replaced spindle, bj's, hub w/ rotor and axle while i was in there. Just dont pull the wrong side like i started doing when i was at the junk yard haha

Later my buddy (babyjesus on here) took the spindle with the hub to a welding shop and they air arked the sucker off and he was still able to use the hub for his solid front axle switcherooo.

Might be able to take that rout. But if your having to pull it yourself you may as well take the hub ass. with you too. If your anywhere near South Dakota i've got the left side spindle sitting in my parts garage. You can have that. But shipping might be a pain since its kinda goofy.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:52 AM

I got the hub and rotor off of the truck. The spindle has some scaring and nicks in it. I am polishing it out with emory cloth. I noticed that the dust shield has a type of seal on it. Mine is dry rotten and cracking. Is there a replacement seal or can I just use rtv? I also noticed that there is a little bit of play in where the cv axle shaft comes out of the spindle on the hub dial side. What all should I look at replacing at this point?