Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help Needed, 88 4runner rear window

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Needed, 88 4runner rear window

Hi,

I've got a 1988 4runner and I can't get the rear window to work for the life in me. The other windows work fine. The wire diagram I'm looking at shows a power window relay I can't find where that is located on the truck. The switches on the window regulator seem to check out, the switch on the right side latch seems to check out, both the up and down switch and the window lock seems to check out too. I just can't seem to figure out what’s wrong. The window motor works too I can manually hook power to it and it goes up and down. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jake
Old 08-06-2006, 10:49 AM

I just dealt with this problem. I have an 87 4runner and my switch stopped working too. I figured out that this was from the sensor attached on the switch wire.It had just quit working. Instead of replacing it (not cheap!) I attached a wire onto the middle blue wire on the switch and grounded the other end. You can find a ground under the middle console. It's a little cheaper solution and it worked pefrect for me.

You can check if this is the problem by just touching the wire ends to the middle blue wire end on the bottom on the switch itself and any ground. Then press the switch to roll down your window. Hope this helps.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:23 AM

make sure the bolt is in the specail hole for the top
there is a disconnect switch there