Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with measurements for Demello Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help with measurements for Demello Sliders

I started paying off a set of Demello rock crusher sliders (all square tube) last February and finally paid it off early July. I've been waiting for them for the past 5 weeks and finally called to see what was going on. It turns out that the set with my name on it was actually for a 3rd gen and they don't have measurements for 2nd gen 4runners anymore. I've been sent this chart that I need to fill in so they can build my sliders. Knowing myself I will make a measurement error and &^%&*% things up, ending up with a set of sliders that look like something out of salvador dali.
so I am posting this here, if anyone knows these measurements for a 2nd gen (are they all the same?)
that would be awesome. I was hoping to have these sliders a while ago, but at least I know why there was a delay. The sliders look so beefy I know it will be worth it once they arrive.
thanks for your help with this chart
Attached Thumbnails Help with measurements for Demello Sliders-slider-measurments..bmp.jpg  

Last edited by taikowaza; 08-17-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i had the same issue with demello offroad when trying to get sliders for my 2nd gen. I won a gift certificate in a raffle but it had to got to waste when they couldn't get sliders that would fit after 2 attempts. I would but them from someone else Trail-gear or Marlin. or have someone local fab them for you. check out BandLand bumper they are seattle area local and have some nice sliders.

Last edited by Tofer; 08-17-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Contributing Member

thanks Tofer, seems like you had the same problem. When I ordered them back in Feb (paid off in July). I was told that they were on the shelf, ready to go, so when nothing appeared after a lot of weeks. then I find out that they have not been built yet and I have to measure my truck. so I was thinking about just forgetting about the whole thing, but I really like the design of these square sliders they are very strong and a good step. So I think I will try and get these measurements to them. My thing is that I have no idea where the legs will clear the frame, nor the pinch welds etc. It would be cool if they had a 2nd gen to measure or at least records, I am sure they have made sliders for a 2nd gen in the past? crazy. maybe I should email Stubbs
Old 08-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Sponsor

your more then welcome to come over and take measurements of my sliders and throw back a couple ...
Old 08-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Sponsor

*edit*

Last edited by Tofer; 08-17-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

As you may know I have paid for and been waiting on the 2nd gen sliders from Demello Off-Road for quite some time, before being told that they could not start the build without receiving detailed 2nd gen measurements from me. I did not feel qualified to send these measurements and then receive mis-measured expensive sliders. Demello unfortunately had absolutely no way to get these measurements and could not find a 2nd gen.
I therefore contacted Richard Stubbs even though I was not a customer, and he extremely generously went out of his way in an extraordinarily busy week to send me precise measurements and instructions for the 2nd gen slider measurements. I am posting these here for reference, and I would like to send out a wholehearted Yotatech 'kudos' to Richard Stubbs for helping me even though i was not his customer YET, with the emphasis on YET

Here are the measurements! I hope that with these numbers that Demello will be able to take care of my sliders and get them on their way. I have no doubt about the weld quality and design of the Demello sliders, I wish that the communication and commitment to 2nd gens was a little better.

---------

Hello Taiko,
I will try to see if I can help you out here. It is pretty darn basic the measurements BUT the front leg is the "catch" being that it is at a 12 degree angle. This leg in particular will have to be cut slightly long, and the scab plate left off. It will be up to the installer to "fit" the sliders exactly. The main reason for not making it perfect is that the frame can shift (naturally or an accident), and because the fit needs to be perfect it is best to do it this way. The rest of the legs are not a problem, and should be cut to the lengths I am providing you. The scab plates should also be installed at this time as well. If you have any other questions please be sure to ask. Oh, and good luck.
Take care,
Richard Stubbs

Measurements are the same for BOTH sides of the truck.

Overall length 63 inches long
front_____________________________________________ __________________rear
Front leg middle leg rear leg
On center 5.5" 29.5" 47.75"

Middle & Rear Leg length 7.25” inches long (total length including notch cut)

Front legs (cut long remember) 10 ¾” with a 12.5 degree angle cut / long side after angle cut is where you come up with 10 ¾. (total length including notch cut)

You are correct on this particular model we only use three legs however they are made using .188 (3/16) wall chromoly tubing (legs only). DOM can be substituted with reasonable results but it must be .188 wall tubing! Scab plates should be 3x4x1/4” using cold rolled instead of Hot rolled.

That pretty much sums it up. The rest of the slider meaning the outer portion can be made to the same dimensions as a 3rd gen 4runner. It’s really only that front legs that’s a pain.

Hope this helps,
Richard
Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6 months to pay off a set of sliders?

are they platinum coated?

anyways, I find it absolutely shocking that they couldnt find a second gen runner to get measurements....I mean the things are everywhere
Old 08-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Contributing Member

yeah I took my time to pay them off, just $50 or so a month which was cool of them to let me do.
I was also pretty stunned to hear that there was no way that they could get the measurements of a 2nd gen 4runner. Richard Stubbs got back to me the same day I emailed him, and he had no problem getting measurements. The real kicker is that I was very specific when I ordered the sliders about my year of vehicle and was told they were ready to be shipped. All's well that ends well and Kim Demello and staff were cool with me. I hope it's not going to drag out too far into the fall.