Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Good Price for parts??? More available!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Good Price for parts??? More available!

My radio was stolen, passenger triangle vent window smashed, and center console face plate broken ... so I headed to the Wilmington, CA (near Long Beach) Pick your Part ... no 4runners there but next door was Kilroy's dismantling yard:

I found a gray '86 SR5 with both parts I needed plus more. I introduced myself to her, thanked her for the parts I would take, and then began work. I ended up paying $258 for:

Passenger and Driver Triangle Vent Windows
Center Console Face Plate
Right Steering Idler Arm, Crossmember, shock, and tie-end arms (Left Idler Arm was missing)
SR5 Instrument Panel with Tacometer and Volt Meter
Dash with Toyota Altimeter
SR5 driver's door handle with red/black 'Toyota' on it
Odometer/Speedometor Cable
Front windshield
Rear window switch

Most of the body is pretty straight, entire drive line seemed to be there, seats were in good shape, nice grill ... and lots other miscellaneous parts... her engine was gone though

I also spotted a 94 and a 97 4runner there, both with the engines and everything else seemed to be there.

Tomorrow I'll get a radio with a removable face plate and I'll be back in business ... although the theft sucked I'm happy it brought about these finds.

Happy trails!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jungle_runner
My radio was stolen, passenger triangle vent window smashed, and center console face plate broken ... so I headed to the Wilmington, CA (near Long Beach) Pick your Part ... no 4runners there but next door was Kilroy's dismantling yard:

I found a gray '86 SR5 with both parts I needed plus more. I introduced myself to her, thanked her for the parts I would take, and then began work. I ended up paying $258 for:

Passenger and Driver Triangle Vent Windows
Center Console Face Plate
Right Steering Idler Arm, Crossmember, shock, and tie-end arms (Left Idler Arm was missing)
SR5 Instrument Panel with Tacometer and Volt Meter
Dash with Toyota Altimeter
SR5 driver's door handle with red/black 'Toyota' on it
Odometer/Speedometor Cable
Front windshield
Rear window switch

Most of the body is pretty straight, entire drive line seemed to be there, seats were in good shape, nice grill ... and lots other miscellaneous parts... her engine was gone though

I also spotted a 94 and a 97 4runner there, both with the engines and everything else seemed to be there.

Tomorrow I'll get a radio with a removable face plate and I'll be back in business ... although the theft sucked I'm happy it brought about these finds.

Happy trails!
Can you find out if the 97 is a 5 speed if so how much for ecu wiring harness and motor for me and how many miles.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish i could help you but i'm not able to drive back over there right now to check on that stuff ... i posted that those trucks are there for anyone who is in the area and wants to go check them out themselves

here is a link to their website though, which has their number and address, i spoke with Jaime (hi-me) when i was there, he has owned three 4runners:

Kilroy Auto Dismantling
http://www.pickapart.com/kilroys/home.php

Last edited by jungle_runner; 09-09-2007 at 08:50 PM.