86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Finally the toy I wanted

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally the toy I wanted

Just now was able to make a daily driver a toy, I have limited funds but want to take on trails. here we go.

1. Are there any known problems other than the recalls I should look into before any further off-road modifications?

2. I know there are multiple threads about what steps you should go in as gar as modifications, looking at my rig specifically caould anyone offer suggestions what minimally I should do to make it trail worthy?

3. Is anyone on here from TN, and could I possibly get together with some guys to ride some trails, I am just getting into this and I wanna go with some people who know what they are doing, bec. I would for sure tear something up.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Im a newbie. GREAT SITE thanks guys.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:16 AM

welcome to yotatech. There is a ton of great info on this board, and even more good people. i assume you have the 3.0 in your runner. which is pretty sweet looking. i say wheel it stock for a while and figure out what you like and what you need. it depends on the terrain around you, and ultimately what you want to do with your truck. there are so many options, and everyone has a different opinion on each one. Ive been wheeling my truck stock for a year now, and the mods for me are starting. First Armor. Good skids, sliders and bumpers are a great way to protect your rig from the rocks and crap on trails. Traction. Lockers and a good set of tires can get you a long long way with these yotas. then gearing to match the tires you have, then lift if you need it. bigger tires is the only way to get more clearance. so lift as you need to fit bigger tires. this is just my two cents. others will chime in im sure. Good luck with your build. Always Tread Lightly!!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Contributing Member

Welcome to YT. Good to see another TN native on this forum. Call your local dealership and give them your VIN number. They will be able to tell you what recalls affect your 4Runner. Take some time and search the site . There is a great amount of knowledge to be found here.