86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

EGR/PAIR and hardline delete help??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGR/PAIR and hardline delete help??

So I am in the middle of a egr/pair delete cause I broke down and from other sites threads and this sites threads that is what was gonna be the colpret of my issues, plus I had one go out in my Kenworth T800 with a Cummins ISX 600 and and my 91’ 4Runner sr5 v6 3vze 4x4 did basically the same thing! Anyways there is not much good info on this and by that a step by step YouTube cause I’m pretty handy but no mechanic so I try to use all my resources I can but I’m still having trouble finding out what the 2 vsm on the passenger side that run the 4 wheel drive I’m thinking plug into cause seems like every video or picture I see the engine bay has a lot less than mine does and each person did it differently! And I was also wondering if I could completely remove the blue and green VSM’s that did run the EGR and pair or do they still need to be plugged into the Harness! Also I’m going ahead and removing the plume to get the hardliners out and to clean it! What I was wondering there is about the coolant lines that run out the back ( I do believe just hard lines) I was gonna go straight prom top of radiator to where the hard U piece next to the brake master and eleim the rest that went to the back side of the plume right? Pretty new to this 3vze and not very happy with it after my 96’ Tacoma 3.4 got totaled! I had cold air 4 port injectors exhaust all super nice ignition coils and plugs anyways it was a beast and now I got this pig! Well till I do the swap but I just built a $12k 5.9 Cummins for my Ram 3500, all bulletproofed and Banks power kits! 3vze torquey super good snow car but just nothing close to my 3.4 was! And everyone says you can’t upgrade it to gain anything???
Old 01-09-2019, 12:29 AM

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by snoWStomper85
So I am in the middle of a egr/pair delete cause I broke down and from other sites threads and this sites threads that is what was gonna be the colpret of my issues,
plus I had one go out in my Kenworth T800 with a Cummins ISX 600 and and my 91’ 4Runner sr5 v6 3vze 4x4 did basically the same thing!

Anyways there is not much good info on this and by that a step by step YouTube cause I’m pretty handy but no mechanic so I try to use all my resources I can but I’m still having trouble finding out what the 2 vsm on the passenger side that run the 4 wheel drive
I’m thinking plug into cause seems like every video or picture I see the engine bay has a lot less than mine does and each person did it differently! And I was also wondering if I could completely remove the blue and green VSM’s that did run the EGR and pair or do they still need to be plugged into the Harness!

Also I’m going ahead and removing the plume to get the hardliners out and to clean it! What I was wondering there is about the coolant lines that run out the back ( I do believe just hard lines) I was gonna go straight prom top of radiator to where the hard U piece next to the brake master and eleim the rest that went to the back side of the plume right? Pretty new to this 3vze and not very happy with it after my 96’ Tacoma 3.4 got totaled! I had cold air 4 port injectors exhaust all super nice ignition coils and plugs anyways it was a beast and now I got this pig!
Well till I do the swap but I just built a $12k 5.9 Cummins for my Ram 3500, all bulletproofed and Banks power kits! 3vze torquey super good snow car but just nothing close to my 3.4 was! And everyone says you can’t upgrade it to gain anything???
Dude! Start by explaining what the acutal problem is. Why did you break down? What is it doing? Also check the edit: try to give people information in a way that it is at least semi readable. 90% of people will just scroll past that huge wall on a single run on sentence because it is basically impossible to read and understand.

An EGR delete will not do a single thing to the performance of the truck. UNLESS the system is letting in a unmetered leak. This can happen if the hoses are incorrectly installed or missing / unhooked) Under your hood is a diagram. Recheck each and every single vacuum line.
Go put in some actual OEM Denso or NGK spark plugs and some OEM spark plug wires. Make sure you are using the OEM coil to. Then check your TPS adjustment. Google: "3.0 tps adjustment 4crawler" Report back.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that’s the result of too many days of little to no sleep trying to fix the 4Runner! I read over my post and was a bit embarrassed and I do apologize! I am taking all of the responses into mind while trying to finish up. I will post results! Thanks