Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A/C not working?? Pressure Switch?? Fuse??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just replaced evaporator, exp.valve and hoses o drier also.I plugged the hole with a tight fitting plug with o ring wired the wires together and by passed low pressure switch that was about 3months ago my a/c works great so far I am not sure if any long term affects I might be causing ??But so far so good .It was a lot easier than i thought also Just make sure you have a LONG philps head and dont keep trying to remove lines at firewall when they will pull right through from inside with evap. coil .SORRY:1993 pickup 22r love my toyota
Old 07-22-2017, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C not functioning working not blowing cold only sometimes 95 3vze 2nd gen 4runner

Originally Posted by 89934runr
Your issue seems to be related to heat soak... This could be several things. The tough part is the blowing of the fuse- this means you have a dynamic short, rather than a static short that is always present. You're causing the system to 'short', or use enough current to blow the fuse...but only under certain conditions. The fuse itself only feeds the AC switch in the dash (which then feeds the AC amplifier), and the AC Dual Pressure switch (that's the bugger that turns off your compressor when the pressures are too low or high- WHEN the AC system is on) This switch is inconveniently located down next to the evaporator core. If you have a 3.0 4wd auto, the 10a fuse also feeds the AC cut relay.

1. What are your water temps when you stop? On auto trans 3.0s, there is a water temp switch that kicks off the AC when the water gets 'hot'. It does this by removing the ground path for the AC cut relay- this permanently removing B+ to the amplifier, which disables your AC.
2. Are you able to test the voltage at the AC amplifier connector? (it's down on top of the evap box). This will tell you a lot about what your system is or is not doing.

Don't go cutting up your harness yet- my bet is that it's still a component.

Jeff
my a/c is doing the same thing,
I have no cold air when it idles, when I rev up the engine a bit then it starts to get ice cold, but all the sudden I've been driving again and no a/c even when I rev the engine up, and my pressure gauge on the low Schrader valve reads 35 psi!!!
the condenser fan behind the grill will also click, as the idle bounces when the engine is hot, the idle bounces from 500rpm to 1000 rpm, and the a/c condenser fan keeps clicking, but I've never seen the actual confessor fan turn on yet! It won't actually operate, so the a/c condenser fan does not operate to the best of my knowledge...
my a/c climate control button is light up green and functions correctly, the fan clutch on the tip of the a/c compressor (below the power steering filler) doesn't spin when the car is running and sometimes has a mind of its own, yesterday it spun again and the a/c began operating again for about 2 minutes then I completely lost A/C AGAIN! No air conditioning

1995 3.0L v6 3vze Toyota 4Runner 2nd gen air conditioning not blowing cold

please help!!! Any a/c professionals available???

Last edited by spainobain1234; 07-22-2017 at 06:13 AM. Reason: 95 4runner 2nd gen