86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bj spacers

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bj spacers

i just got bj spacers 2.5' lift but my 93 pickup torsion bar doesnt go up any higher and my front end points down am i supposed to combine bj spacers with shocks? or am i just screwed if my torsion bar doesnt go up any higher
Old 06-15-2017, 11:03 PM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
Originally Posted by yotadanthemayne
i just got bj spacers 2.5' lift but my 93 pickup torsion bar doesnt go up any higher and my front end points down am i supposed to combine bj spacers with shocks? or am i just screwed if my torsion bar doesnt go up any higher
Your shocks could be limiting the lift? If you want a lift, you'll need shocks that extend longer than the stock ones. Shocks will not give you lift; they will only allow it.
Why does the front end point down? What did you do with the rear?
Old 06-17-2017, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few thoughts:

1. The ball joint spacers you have do not provide 2.5" of lift. Wherever you bought them probably advertised the kit as a 2.5" lift kit, but the ball joint spacers themselves are only 1.5" thick, therefore giving you 1.5" of lift. No company sells a ball joint spacer that is thicker than 1.5" as far as I know. What it may or may not tell you in the ad is that the extra 1" of lift comes from torsion bar cranking.

2. Without knowing what you did to the rear, if anything, we can't determine why the front is aiming down.

3. When you are trying to crank on the torsion bars, is the truck still on the ground with the load still on the torsion bars or did you jack the truck up and then try to crank on the bars without any load on them?

4. You will need new shocks with the lift. See RADs comment.

5. Cranking your torsion bars with ball joint spacers installed will only make the stiff ride of these trucks even stiffer, But more importantly, it will place the CV shafts at too steep of an angle, so you can run into problems with the joints binding up or breaking. Even some people running BJ spacers without cranking the bars had claimed they run into problems with CV binding. I would recommend installing a set of differential drop brackets to bring the CV joints to a closer to stock angle and then forgo the torsion bar cranking.

Hope this helps