Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1992 4runner rear door windows and tailgate window won't work

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my back tailgate window wont go down either and the 2 rear passenger windows only go down halfway and take a long time to do so. they used to go down farther but still took a long time
95 4runner
Old 11-19-2012, 05:17 AM

Mudshark. it sounds like the motor is bad. pull off the paneal and unpluge the motor and test the wires that hook up to the motor unplug them have someone turn the key while you test for power going to the motor .if you have power going to the motor then motor is bad or do the samething as i said below . test with a 12v battery and a couple of wires only need one person
Ok i was a glass man for 20 yrs.if you want the window down and the switch is not working. you can try the switch from the other side sometimes they work sometimes not.

If not take off the panel not hard just a couple of screws and pops around the edge of the panel.
unpluge the lead going too the motor . get a fully charged battery from a 12 v screw gun attach 2 wires to the contacts on the batt and tape them .get the pluge comeing from the window motor, touch one wire to each pin make sure you have good connection if you hear the motor but window does not move just switch the wires you are touching to the motors plug if the motor is good it will move the window. if the battery has a full charge the window should move pretty fast. If the window goes up and down you probably need a switch.sometimes it could be an electrical issue but not normaily.if it is slow use wd 40 or silicone spray on the felts in the window guides .and you will need a motor in the future . mine have been slow for 2 years and the tailgate window is really slow and stops about 2 inches from the top just put it up useing the key in the tail gate and when it starts going slow help by putting pressure on the glass and pushing up to help it .

Hope this helps
Old 07-14-2017, 05:11 PM

All my windows and tailgate do not roll up or down. They are all frozen where I left them.

Heres the story: My driver window motor was spent, so I decided to replace it. Upon replacing it I also cleaned off the switch terminals on the master switch board. Not knowing that the terminals needed dielectric grease I arc'd a terminal and fried my new driver window motor again. When this happened It must have also fried some other fuse/relay because now none of the windows work.

Here's what I have tried: replaced driver motor, replaced master switch panel, and replaced power window relay. What else is there to replace? How can I get this flippin thing working again? I feeling pretty defeated right now.

Please let me know what you folks think. Thanks.