Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

92' Toyota ECU replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92' Toyota ECU replacement.

Hi!

I've a 92' Toyota Winnebago Warrior mini motorhome. The original ECU (3VZ C&C) was giving a check engine light so I found a ECU replacement at a car wreck place. Now is working really well and the check engine light is not appearing anymore. My doubt is, if the new ECU is a 4x4 from a 4Runner, will I have problems in the future? Will this cause a problem with my duals? Any mileage reduction?

Any information will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,
juan.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
if you're saying your new ecu is from a 4x4 4runner, then no...you will not have any problems. the ecu doesn't care if it's 4 wheel drive or not. it has no control for that function. it only cares about your engine and transmission. that is, if you had an automatic electronically controlled transmission or not. and, with the engine, it's purpose is to control the electronic fuel injection and ignition system and on-board diagnostics. fyi, the same ecu is used in 3vze equipped 2wd 4runners and trucks

Last edited by thook; 07-14-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thook
if you're saying your new ecu is from a 4x4 4runner, then no...you will not have any problems. the ecu doesn't care if it's 4 wheel drive or not. it has no control for that function. it only cares about your engine and transmission. that is, if you had an automatic electronically controlled transmission or not. and, with the engine, it's purpose is to control the electronic fuel injection and ignition system and on-board diagnostics. fyi, the same ecu is used in 3vze equipped 2wd 4runners and trucks
Thanks man!

To clarify, my old ECU came with the rv and says 3VZ C&C and my new one says 3VZ and the donor is a 4Runner. My doubt was because looking online for a replacement the week before I saw a website offering ECU and some were for duals, and some not.
So I was wondering to send and get the original ECU repaired but I won't do it now.

Thanks again for your help!