Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

Women who drive first Gens? or even second gens?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Women who drive first Gens? or even second gens?

Just curious, but has anyone met (other than me) or is a girl who owns a first gen? I love my truck and it, in my opinion is really easy to work on and it's not exactly a muscle car, I wondered why women don't seem to own old toyotas. (Not at all to say Toyotas are un-manly) I would be stoked to meet another girl who owns an old toyota. Any other girls out there??
Old 05-19-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ive seen plenty of girls in toyotas even the old ones. Theres nothing sexier I think
Old 05-19-2008, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by fillsrunner4
Ive seen plenty of girls in toyotas even the old ones. Theres nothing sexier I think

Werd. there's plenty of chika's in Washington that drive yotas. Fill - have you noticed a hottie rollin' around in a white mildly-lifted 3rd gen? I guess she lives by Ames Lake and goes to the Kirkland Beauty School so I see her alteast twice a week.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by KellyKel
Werd. there's plenty of chika's in Washington that drive yotas. Fill - have you noticed a hottie rollin' around in a white mildly-lifted 3rd gen? I guess she lives by Ames Lake and goes to the Kirkland Beauty School so I see her alteast twice a week.
No but I should probably look into it
Old 05-19-2008, 02:35 PM

Sounds like a good idea. You could leave notes on her truck while she's in school. I hear girls like being stalked.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:37 PM

Sounds like a good idea. You could leave notes on her truck while she's in school. I hear girls like being stalked.

Not to sure if thats true I always thought they loved A-holes?

Put in a good word for me
Old 05-19-2008, 02:39 PM

if they like a-holes then just crash into her lol
Old 05-19-2008, 02:39 PM

You're right. Plan B - rub dog feces on her windshield, then windex in your phone number. You might need to bring some glitter, she's real pretty.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah thats the reason i like my toyotas there good for a girly mechanic like myself who has never wrenched on junk b4.....just takes a little time but anything can be done to these great trucks....

I always seem to see more "hotties" driving 4runners than old pickups... girls is pickups are always hot and add a yota let alone a bad ass one
Old 05-19-2008, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by bigt
yeah thats the reason i like my toyotas there good for a girly mechanic like myself who has never wrenched on junk b4.....just takes a little time but anything can be done to these great trucks....

I always seem to see more "hotties" driving 4runners than old pickups... girls is pickups are always hot and add a yota let alone a bad ass one
yeah exactly! I am just learning to work on cars, and I 've messed up some stuff before... but the truck keeps going!
Old 05-19-2008, 02:56 PM

I guess I have seen other girls in old 4runners, but I don't think they opened the hood... (after striking a conversation with something simple, cool truck, does it have the 22r?) I really hope that beauty school girl you speak of works on hers... or at least knows what engine it has! If so, I'd like to meet her too, although for a different reason.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Around here in BC I've seen a bunch of girls with second and third gen pickups, no first gens though. Only dudes with those...
Old 05-19-2008, 03:09 PM

here is my girl and her truck we just brought home this weekend. she looks damn good driving it if i say so my self.

Al
Old 05-19-2008, 03:12 PM

ya i always see the cuties in tacomas and third gen runners
Old 05-19-2008, 03:15 PM

Dude, x2, maybe its just a nor-cal thing?
Old 05-19-2008, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by 904_runner
Dude, x2, maybe its just a nor-cal thing?
hey i'm in chico too!!! where do you wheel? i should be studying for finals right now......
Old 05-19-2008, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by red1983
I guess I have seen other girls in old 4runners, but I don't think they opened the hood... (after striking a conversation with something simple, cool truck, does it have the 22r?) I really hope that beauty school girl you speak of works on hers... or at least knows what engine it has! If so, I'd like to meet her too, although for a different reason.
I grew up in an area where I either made friends with boys or didn't have friends. That said, I've had much exposure to male dominated sports and hobbies. It started with freestyle BMX, graduated into Motocross, I learned how to wrench on my Dad's muscle cars, then fell in love with german imports, I moved onto street bikes, and now I'm into wheelin'. In these activites other girls were always hard to come by, and often times the ones that did come around they were more interested in the attention they recieved. My advice to you would be, "Don't be catty or judgemental of other girls, (even if they don't know what fuel injection is.) Everyone has something to learn. Embrace any fellow girls you can - Down ass bitches are rare to come by. If you can convince one of them to stick it out, for perhaps the first time EVER you will not be treated differently simply because you're smuggling bewbers under your shirt."
Old 05-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by red1983
Yup I have a 2nd Gen 4 runner... and no it is NOT easy to work on! And here's me with my hood opened. We pulled the 3.0 because the HG blew and I have a 3.4 sitting in the garage waiting to be put in!

I'm on the Far right, my kid sister with an 08 Taco is in the middle and Andrea on the left.

Oh and Bonus... I live in Colorado too!

I grew up in an area where I either made friends with boys or didn't have friends. That said, I've had much exposure to male dominated sports and hobbies. It started with freestyle BMX, graduated into Motocross, I learned how to wrench on my Dad's muscle cars, then fell in love with german imports, I moved onto street bikes, and now I'm into wheelin'. In these activites other girls were always hard to come by, and often times the ones that did come around they were more interested in the attention they recieved. My advice to you would be, "Don't be catty or judgemental of other girls, (even if they don't know what fuel injection is.) Everyone has something to learn. Embrace any fellow girls you can - Down ass bitches are rare to come by. If you can convince one of them to stick it out, for perhaps the first time EVER you will not be treated differently simply because you're smuggling bewbers under your shirt."
TRUE DAT! We need more ladies in our sport and I embrace the ladies and try and bring them along. Let them drive Tippy if they want. (Not like they could do more damage)

This is my girl Tippy. She got her name for obvious reasons!

Oh and I too love German imports. This Z3 used to be mine (Her name was Moab... my favorite place)

She had to go because Her leather dash was warping and it wasn't covered under warranty... and the cost to replace it would have been $4000. Ouch!

But man she was fun to drive!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:36 PM

You sound awesome! I cannot ever find any women who have the same hobbies/interests as me. Maybe i should try that stalking thing you mentioned!

Originally Posted by yotasavg
hey i'm in chico too!!! where do you wheel? i should be studying for finals right now......
Actually i live up past Chico, i put chico because that is probably more recognizable . i haven't really wheeled too much since i haven't even owned this 4runner a year yet, When i do go off road, its usually just old logging roads, but this summer i plan on going to the highlakes, ramsey bar, up near sawmill peak, that way i can see what my rig is more capable of and its just a good time with friends!.

Yea i have finals too, i go to butte not csuc. But tomorrow is my last two finals then summer vacation! haha.

Good luck with yours!

Last edited by 904_runner; 05-20-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by yotasavg
Me too!!!!

Quick Reply: Women who drive first Gens? or even second gens?