Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

ToyotaFest '09

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RMA
Man that Landcruiser is bad a** to bad it has a dodge engine in it.

Cool Pics !!
thats what I said LOL

A toyota powered by dodge what an embarrasment
Old 09-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by vital22re
haha i'm not saying i would have won the swap.. i'm just saying the awards were a little more skewed toward the cars than the trucks. The trucks and 4runners were all grouped together.
Dude, I wouldn't have concidered the LC/dodge but it would have been a toss up between you and the 7mg 4Runner for best swap!

Honestly, I don't think they expected as many trucks to show up. Especially with all of us hooligans on here, I'm surprised someone didn't try to RTI on one of those sweet ricers! buuuwhahhahahaha!!!!!

Oh, technically IIRC that LC would be an illegal swap in some states because it has a motor not made or sold OEM from Toyota....I'm just sayin...it's not even 50 state legal...
Old 09-01-2009, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBluePile
Dude, I wouldn't have concidered the LC/dodge but it would have been a toss up between you and the 7mg 4Runner for best swap!

Honestly, I don't think they expected as many trucks to show up. Especially with all of us hooligans on here, I'm surprised someone didn't try to RTI on one of those sweet ricers! buuuwhahhahahaha!!!!!

Oh, technically IIRC that LC would be an illegal swap in some states because it has a motor not made or sold OEM from Toyota....I'm just sayin...it's not even 50 state legal...
I vote vitally best swap with disqaulifing the LC since the 7m had a plywood hacked up dash

and I was thinking of driving on those ricers all day in fact I though that if I won that celica I woudl of drove on it but only on the opposite side of the EFI stuff LOL

I am a heckler for cross breeds if its got a chev or dodge motor its no longer a yota its something else thats weird and just not right
Old 09-02-2009, 12:14 AM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
haha yes!!! first of all i wanna thank god for this award. It was with his help i did the swap in 2 weekends. Um.. rob and al and logan, josh, you guys helped in spirit. And to the hacker and the toyota butcher... HOW DARE YOU!!! see you next year YOTATECH.COM BABY!!! hey did you guys notice the fat anouncer guy never acknowledged Yotatech when he was callin out groups? what a jerk. i say next year we get there a lil earlier and all of us park together. Maybe i'll make a sign and have our rigs listed on the bottom of it. SO THEY KNOW!!! oh and i'll bring more hotdogs for the grill.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i am going to send an email to Rodger / mike (2 of the guys who really put it on... and since i know them both i dont mind flinging them some S about the lack of 4x4 love.)

Please add if anything you feel i've left out:
__________________________________________________ ___________________________-
Hey Guys!

I wanted to take the time to say THANK YOU for putting on such a great event. I know everyone i've talked to was very impressed with this years turn out and cannot wait for next year!

I wanted to bring up a couple of things that could possible make next years event all the more better.
more Awards: every car was sub divided out. (hell celica had 3 categories to it self...) but the trucks get basically lumped together. so instead of best truck street new/old and best truck offroad new/old i would like to see it

best 4runner
Best Pickup (79-95): 2wd / 4wd (street / offroad)
Best Tacoma (96 +): 2wd / 4wd (street / offroad
Best carnage or trail-rash
Best "that didn't come from the factory that way" (3.4 sad'ed runners ftw )

I know i've talked to you before about it, but an RTI ramp competition would be awesome. if you cant get an RTI ramp built and on scene a forklift would work just as well. SOMEONE in the neighboring buildings has to have one. get them involved, throw their name on the t-shirt and call it the "Forklift challenge sponsored by ___________________" i'm sure the crowd would love to see just how flexed out some of our rigs can go... and more points for flops

Chris.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Awesome idea! Toyotafest!

Chris, I skimmed over things but did u have any other sponsors like your local dealer? How did u go about getting things setup? Advertise? What would you do different? Categories? Looks like mostly 4x4s from the pics. All Toyotas?

This would go great where I live and I have a lot of vendor contacts locally including the Toyota dealership.

Great idea! And hot chicks too!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Sponsor

it was set up by the guys over at pstoc.org (puget Sound Toyota Owners Club)
aftermath thread: http://pstoc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4068
planning thread: http://pstoc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3943

there was TONS of sponsors. both "big" company's Griot Garage (they hosted the event), Local hottub/pool company (had a party hot tub on site) 2 toyota dealers in the area, Play & Trade. Wired energy drinks, etc etc. as well as "smaller" companys such as yotaworks. (i dontated a couple items for the raffle prices). they also had seveal Club sponsors.

they had awards for just about everything that showed up.
Scions:
xB
tC
xA/xD

Lexus:
LS/GS
IS
SC/other

Toyotas:
Corolla rwd/fwd
Celica rwd/fwd
Matrix
Camry/Avalon/Solara
Mr2
Yaris/Echo
Old School Other
New School Other
Supra 1-3/4

Trucks: (see why i want next years to be broken down a little more)
Street new/old
Off-Road new/old
Truck Other

Other Vans
Hybrid/Electric

Griots Choice
PSTOC choice
Best Paint/Graphics
Toyota Powered
Best ICE
Best JDM
Longest Travelled
Club Participation
Highest Milleage

The event was open to ANY toyota (includeing Yamaha motorcylces cuz i just toyota used to make them back in the day) all advertisement was done by threads on just about every local / national toyota forums. contact AWDios (his name is Rodger) on pstoc he's the owner of the froum and the one who set it up. he's a great guy and i'm sure he'd be more than willing to spill his guys about what he knows/ did.

this was the 2nd year that they raffled off a car.. last year it was an Alltrac this year it was a celica GTS. they also had TONS of stuff to raffle off as well.

Last edited by Tofer; 09-02-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Contributing Member

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by vital22re
hey did you guys notice the fat anouncer guy never acknowledged Yotatech when he was callin out groups? what a jerk. i say next year we get there a lil earlier and all of us park together. Maybe i'll make a sign and have our rigs listed on the bottom of it. SO THEY KNOW!!! oh and i'll bring more hotdogs for the grill.
Dude, I totally forgot to mention that before I left. I though that maybe we would get mentioned during the last raffle or something??

Originally Posted by Tofer
i am going to send an email to Rodger / mike (2 of the guys who really put it on... and since i know them both i dont mind flinging them some S about the lack of 4x4 love.)

Please add if anything you feel i've left out:
__________________________________________________ ___________________________-
Hey Guys!

I wanted to take the time to say THANK YOU for putting on such a great event. I know everyone i've talked to was very impressed with this years turn out and cannot wait for next year!

I wanted to bring up a couple of things that could possible make next years event all the more better.
more Awards: every car was sub divided out. (hell celica had 3 categories to it self...) but the trucks get basically lumped together. so instead of best truck street new/old and best truck offroad new/old i would like to see it

best 4runner
Best Pickup (79-95): 2wd / 4wd (street / offroad)
Best Tacoma (96 +): 2wd / 4wd (street / offroad
Best carnage or trail-rash
Best "that didn't come from the factory that way" (3.4 sad'ed runners ftw )

I know i've talked to you before about it, but an RTI ramp competition would be awesome. if you cant get an RTI ramp built and on scene a forklift would work just as well. SOMEONE in the neighboring buildings has to have one. get them involved, throw their name on the t-shirt and call it the "Forklift challenge sponsored by ___________________" i'm sure the crowd would love to see just how flexed out some of our rigs can go... and more points for flops

Chris.
That looks like a good breakdown Chris, but what about the 4Runners? I would hate to get beat out by a sweet SAS'd/swapped/red second gen that doesn't come with a factory removable hardtop!!! LOL!!! Do you think they should be broke up too? Then again, if there's that last catergory(Best "that didn't come from the factory that way") maybe I shouldn't worry about it? hehehehe!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I will surely try and make it next year, as I have already told family that Sunday next year is taken.

Need an FJ Cruiser category too, unless it gets lumped into others.

There has to be somebody with an RTI ramp too that can bring one along.

PS, need a shot of one of the Wired girls climbing my ladder to the tent
Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats toyota fest?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I drive from Maryland does that count for the farthest or is it just within wa or id area? I may drive my sas 4runner out for that and hit a couple mud holes on snoqualmie or 18 on the way so I can double down.
I have to come home to see family in Belfair so I may just work it out to coincide with this show then hit Tahuya .

Last edited by olharleyman; 09-29-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Sponsor

Lol ya I think ms would win it for longest traveled.... Someone from I'd or bc won this year