Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

SteveO on Rocker Knocker in Moab

Old 07-12-2006, 05:50 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OutdoorLiving

/obvious

LOL, you guys are too funny.

While not the best, its a shot. I'll have to see if I can dig up some more. I used to have some sharp shots of when we attended ABQJIm's wedding.

A-ha...found some.

We attended ABQJim's wedding some time ago, with Jason and a few others. I think Jayson got this pic for us. It was raining that night, and we were trying to weather out the rain.

Here is another shot of Carole and I attending Moab. I forget the event, but I believe this was over Gold Bar Rim.

Last edited by SteveO; 07-12-2006 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:08 AM

Nice package!

And even with just the three pics totalling 6k, once you animate it it's still above the 10k limit.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:57 AM

dude! those movies are awesome! your truck is a tank!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:36 AM

I finally just watched the Lion's Back video.

Loved the call from the wife at the top:
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah, just turning around... can you hear me? <umph> I'm coming down now, what was I thinking?!"

Last edited by OutdoorLiving; 07-12-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SteveO
LOL, you guys are too funny.

While not the best, its a shot. I'll have to see if I can dig up some more. I used to have some sharp shots of when we attended ABQJIm's wedding.

A-ha...found some.

We attended ABQJim's wedding some time ago, with Jason and a few others. I think Jayson got this pic for us. It was raining that night, and we were trying to weather out the rain.

Here is another shot of Carole and I attending Moab. I forget the event, but I believe this was over Gold Bar Rim.

Proverbs 31:10
Who can find a virtuous wife?
For her worth is far above rubies.
Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

Nothing like a Proverbs 31 woman, eh Steve?

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.....
Old 07-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Contributing Member

Mr. Gregory,

Thanks for the compliments. I've certainly put enough time and thought into it to make is truly capable. The lean on Rocker Knocker was more than I was hoping for, but it did great nontheless.

Outdoor,

Yeah, I must have accidently called her back when I put down the phone. About half way up I called her asking if she could see where the tracks went from her view. But she couldn't. So, when I put down the phone, I must have accidently called her back, again. Yeah, that camer picked up quite a bit.

At the top I started turning around and forgot that I had both lockers engaged. So you can hear the front ARB being let go, then I had to jockey a bit to have the rear let go. I wanted to make the turn around as smooth as possible. Nothing like letting your foot slip off the break and hit the gas........its a long, long way down from the top.

edit:
Yeah....when I was compressing the video, I kept hearing the "oomph" and I was wondering what the heck I was doing to make that noise.

Last edited by SteveO; 07-12-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tacoclimber
Proverbs 31:10
Who can find a virtuous wife?
For her worth is far above rubies.
Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

Nothing like a Proverbs 31 woman, eh Steve?

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.....

Yeah, she is so cool. Recently she has been singing in our local church worship team and sometimes she plays the lead guitar. We recently picked up a really nice Taylor T5 KOA guitar for her. That is really an awesome guitar. She has written several songs, and just recently she recorded 3 of them. I'm hoping she can get the rest recorded before the end of the month. She wants to take her CDs up to Colorado for some kinda of music convention where music artists and labels are meeting. I'm really happy for her. ABQJim has seen her bring out food to the garage on a silver platter. When ABQJim and Jayson (loosehead) came over to help with the SAC, she helped us by keeping our bellies full.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, she is so cool. Recently she has been singing in our local church worship team and sometimes she plays the lead guitar. We recently picked up a really nice Taylor T5 KOA guitar for her. That is really an awesome guitar. She has written several songs, and just recently she recorded 3 of them. I'm hoping she can get the rest recorded before the end of the month. She wants to take her CDs up to Colorado for some kinda of music convention where music artists and labels are meeting. I'm really happy for her. ABQJim has seen her bring out food to the garage on a silver platter. When ABQJim and Jayson (loosehead) came over to help with the SAC, she helped us by keeping our bellies full.

Right on. I am constantly amazed by my wife. Being the wife of someone in full time ministry isn't easy by any means, and somehow Chels makes it look easy. She's a definite gift. ...Hey this is a bit off topic, but did anyone from your church make it over for the CC Southwest Leadership Conference @ North Pheonix? I was there and I remember seeing a few people from NM. I realized the other day that it was a possibility that either you were there or at least someone you knew... Kinda a "6 degrees of separation" kinda thing...
Old 07-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tacoclimber
Right on. I am constantly amazed by my wife. Being the wife of someone in full time ministry isn't easy by any means, and somehow Chels makes it look easy. She's a definite gift. ...Hey this is a bit off topic, but did anyone from your church make it over for the CC Southwest Leadership Conference @ North Pheonix? I was there and I remember seeing a few people from NM. I realized the other day that it was a possibility that either you were there or at least someone you knew... Kinda a "6 degrees of separation" kinda thing...

I don't know.
My pastors: Paul Scozzafava, Danny Schuman, Victor Lucero, Woody Lehman. They didn't mention anything about that.

I'm currently helping them revamp their web page, and I just spent a great deal of time putting in a new Dell Server with SBS2003 for them. Carole helps a great deal with the music, and I'm working on their servers, computers and web stuff. I recently re-did the pastors personal site, but we have yet to post it. Seems the church staff moves at just a tad slower rate than the rest of the world. I'm hoping one day I can work full time for the church. I Know that is a long ways off, but no doubt it would be cool. Maybe one day I will make that conference. I'm just waiting on God to turn the rudder......yeah, wives are a blessing.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:06 AM

Hey Steve, I just had to poke you in the ribs on that one. It was just too funny listening to the slight quiver in the voice. You'd been so quiet all the way up, turned around, and then comes the WHAT was I thinking? haha.

At least you got a quick honk and a holler in at the end.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

I don't know.
My pastors: Paul Scozzafava, Danny Schuman, Victor Lucero, Woody Lehman. They didn't mention anything about that.

I'm currently helping them revamp their web page, and I just spent a great deal of time putting in a new Dell Server with SBS2003 for them. Carole helps a great deal with the music, and I'm working on their servers, computers and web stuff. I recently re-did the pastors personal site, but we have yet to post it. Seems the church staff moves at just a tad slower rate than the rest of the world. I'm hoping one day I can work full time for the church. I Know that is a long ways off, but no doubt it would be cool. Maybe one day I will make that conference. I'm just waiting on God to turn the rudder......yeah, wives are a blessing.
I don't think I've personally met any of the pastors, but I'm sure my dad has (he's been a Calvary guy since '82). That's awesome that you have come alongside the technical end of things. We have a guy here in the fellowship that does all of that for us, and it's a HUGE blessing. We just recently got a bunch of the sermons up on the site, and it's pretty tickling to be able to tell someone that they can listen to a study off the website. It's definitely a blessing. Being able to work full time for the Lord is an amazing thing. It can be tough and the hours can be brutal, but the retirement package is out of this world!

You know the verse, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." I never thought I would be in full time ministry at this point in my life, much less an assistant pastor, but it's all God's timing. If that's what He's got for you, it'll happen. I'll be keeping that in prayer for you bro, as well as Carole's music ministry opportunity.

Ok, seriously, back to Rocker Knocker........
Old 07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I kinda new you were poken. I knew I made the sound, I just didn't know why. Guess I was thinking "What am I doing up here?"

When I was driving up, there was a group of people in one of those rental Hummers watching from the road on top of the plateau. They were hollering when I got past the scary part. You can hear the exhaust note pickup as I let off the breaks and let it coast in 4Lo-1st.

I'm thinking I may make a larger picture video for those who have large bandwidth. I think this video is something like 320 x 250, or something like that. I'm thinking I may post up an 640x480 or larger of the Rocker Knocker, and then post of Rock Pile and maybe some others.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:18 AM
Contributing Member

Well, I imported the video again at a resolution of 640x480, but the picture wasn't any better than the smaller resolution video, unfortunately. I imported the video at 1.5Mbps, and the video quality was still pretty poor. So, I just bagged it. I'm thinking I need to get a better video camera. My old hand-held VHSC camera (about 11 years old now) just doesn't have the video quality I was hoping for. Anybody have any good recomendations?
Old 07-14-2006, 08:34 AM

I just bought this one and it is great. Got pretty good reviews too

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830180053
Old 07-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Contributing Member

I only wish I could drop that much on a camera.......

I was kinda looking for something in the 200-400 dollar range......