Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Paragon March 31st 2007

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 91TPU
...i dont remember the weight rating on it, but its designed for a lot rougher stuff then just pulling out stuck trucks...
sure wouldnt use it if i didnt know what it was rated it at. worked this time but next time could be your window or someones leg or worse involved. GET A STRAP!!! i havent seen ropes sold at any offroad store anywhere i have been....maybe cause it stretches? just a guess

yotafun, where you driving slow up the hill or nice pace? you cant loose to a truck! make sure you get some skids under there or you'll rip the factory tin foil off like i did!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by fireteacher
sure wouldnt use it if i didnt know what it was rated it at. worked this time but next time could be your window or someones leg or worse involved. GET A STRAP!!! i havent seen ropes sold at any offroad store anywhere i have been....maybe cause it stretches? just a guess

yotafun, where you driving slow up the hill or nice pace? you cant loose to a truck! make sure you get some skids under there or you'll rip the factory tin foil off like i did!
We had straps, He just was to quick to whip out that rope.

I floored it Up that hill!
I freakin almost red lined through the gears.
My freakin shocks and springs are for crap.
So I bellied most of the way up...

Yeah, Will be getting some skids under there soon...
Old 04-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Contributing Member

As For Club Name...

PORK Sounds Good.

But Since We Had NJ Guys With Us We Need Something Yota....
Old 04-05-2007, 06:55 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pork dont work Matt, not with us NJ guys..
Old 04-05-2007, 08:22 PM

Wow, nice pics. Thanks to everyone who came along, Jess and I had a really good time. Heh... believe it or not she did enjoy herself, she's just a little shy. As for getting muddier next time... we'll see I honestly wasn't too fond of the tires and I really didn't want to push testing them in the middle of a pond. Hopefully for next time (as funds allow) I'll at least have better tires, if not tires and a lift, I do accept donations. Thanks again everyone, I had a great time and sorry I had to split so fast afterwards, I had some prior commitments. Definitely count me in for next time.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Rescue84
Wow, nice pics. Thanks to everyone who came along, Jess and I had a really good time. Heh... believe it or not she did enjoy herself, she's just a little shy. As for getting muddier next time... we'll see I honestly wasn't too fond of the tires and I really didn't want to push testing them in the middle of a pond. Hopefully for next time (as funds allow) I'll at least have better tires, if not tires and a lift, I do accept donations. Thanks again everyone, I had a great time and sorry I had to split so fast afterwards, I had some prior commitments. Definitely count me in for next time.
TOM!
Welcome to YT!!
lol

I was gonna shoot you a PM over at T4R, Since I guess this post is some 300K over the limit for post over there.

We were just playin about Jess, lol!
She seemed pretty cool from the time I talked to her.

Just A little more mud.... PLEASE!?!?!?
Yeah, those freakin Rugged Trails,
But Honestly, you had more tread on those things left than I did.
And When I first went Muddin, I did fine, accept for going around a turn and almost sliding into a tree....
But there were no trees in the immediate mud pond area lol!

Look into some BFG A/Ts eventually, Heck, That FJ got out of that pit nicely with them on.

And since you have a Rear Locker you rule over all of us!

It was great having you man, And can't wait to see you on the Trails again!
Old 04-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by YotaFun
We had straps, He just was to quick to whip out that rope.

I floored it Up that hill!
I freakin almost red lined through the gears.
My freakin shocks and springs are for crap.
So I bellied most of the way up...

Yeah, Will be getting some skids under there soon...

what's why you got damage. With a locker, you could CRAWL right on up it, preventing damage. If you floor it, and haul butt, you're gonna bounce and jostle everywhere.

The more you bounce and jostle, the more the suspension bottoms, and the higher your chances of slapping your tank or something on a rough spot
Old 04-06-2007, 06:39 AM

How about TRI- STATE YOTAS & X'S . TSYX. X'S BEING XTERRA'S YOU know That I gotta throw that in there. maybe Laurie will get hers dirty now.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:47 AM
CJM

TSY-X I like that..

Or just tri state wheelers or something..

I dunno a name is tough..
Old 04-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by chimmike
what's why you got damage. With a locker, you could CRAWL right on up it, preventing damage. If you floor it, and haul butt, you're gonna bounce and jostle everywhere.

The more you bounce and jostle, the more the suspension bottoms, and the higher your chances of slapping your tank or something on a rough spot
Again I reiterate, My suspension was already bottomed out.
my frame was resting on my axle.
Even if i where to just crawl, I owul have never made it as far as I got.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by craw4x4
How about TRI- STATE YOTAS & X'S . TSYX. X'S BEING XTERRA'S YOU know That I gotta throw that in there. maybe Laurie will get hers dirty now.
Originally Posted by CJM
TSY-X I like that..

Or just tri state wheelers or something..

I dunno a name is tough..
Like the name guys, Really liking it
Old 04-06-2007, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by fireteacher

i have a strap, the rope is just longer, thats why i didnt use the strap...ill only use the strap from now on tho, even tho im completly confident in the rope.

and as for avy not making it up, its def a clearance issue, no locker is needed for that hill climb, for the steeper one definetly, but not for that one...when he got to the little hump at the top where everyone starts spinning, it seemed as tho he bottomed out...esp on the tank skid
Old 04-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 91TPU
i have a strap, the rope is just longer, thats why i didnt use the strap...ill only use the strap from now on tho, even tho im completly confident in the rope.

and as for avy not making it up, its def a clearance issue, no locker is needed for that hill climb, for the steeper one definetly, but not for that one...when he got to the little hump at the top where everyone starts spinning, it seemed as tho he bottomed out...esp on the tank skid
Thank You Joe I felt as if My point wasn't getting across.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:39 PM
CJM

Yea, you and I had no problems at all going up.. Also I think it helps we werent loaded down like Avy was
Old 04-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by CJM
Yea, you and I had no problems at all going up.. Also I think it helps we werent loaded down like Avy was
Marc, i also forgot...
I had those freakin Jack stands in the back too!!!
Me and my freakin worry about breaks....

By the by with absolutely nothing in the back, I am back off my axle t propper ride height....
Old 04-07-2007, 07:59 PM
CJM

Well figure my toolbox weighs in at a hefty 200 lbs or so.. Add in all that other junk and Kody who was riding with me...it was enough.

I think it was all clearance..

So Tri State wheelers?? Or we could do tri state yotas..then again its supposed to be NJ/NY/CT, but I like NJ/PA..

Last edited by CJM; 04-07-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by CJM
Well figure my toolbox weighs in at a hefty 200 lbs or so.. Add in all that other junk and Kody who was riding with me...it was enough.

I think it was all clearance..

So Tri State wheelers?? Or we could do tri state yotas..then again its supposed to be NJ/NY/CT, but I like NJ/PA..
I like Tri State Off Roaders , i like the yotas , but for me obvious reasons would be off roaders.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rescue84
Tom if you don't want those tires, I'll buy them from you! that'll get me something slighly more aggressive till I want to upgrade to 33s when the lift goes on.

Besides, look what I did in my stock street tires. You'd have been fine but i don't blame you for not wanting to hurt your baby.

Sometimes giving your 4runner a little beating is like rough sex. it may hurt, but she loves it.

^^ i totally see that ending up in someone's sig.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:11 AM

oh, on the club name..

I could do something cool graphically with TTORC

Toyota Tri-state Off-road Club

I've designed stickers and worked with the die cutters before too
Old 04-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Starbuck3733T
oh, on the club name..

I could do something cool graphically with TTORC

Toyota Tri-state Off-road Club

I've designed stickers and worked with the die cutters before too
It would have to just be TORC
Remember, we have other wheelers besides yotas in out crew.

OH and i think I know what lift Suspension wise I am going with.
ToyTec will be getting my order some time in the summer.

Quick Reply: Paragon March 31st 2007