Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Paragon March 31st 2007

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YotaFun
Hope your feelin better.
How did that job thing work out for you that you were talkin about?

Yeah Stickin with ARB for the Tacoma.

As another side not, Tess is Finally back together and clean.
Though I don't know how in god green earth I am going to get all that mud off all the hoses and such.

I tried simply green... Didn't work...

So anyway, group idea def good.

Matt get any other logo ideas goin?
i should be working by next week for lowes, again lol...but ill be working in the building materials dept this time instead of paint thank god lol

as for all the mud, my truck isnt nearly clean yet, and im yet to have the chance to do any work on it, good thing ive barely been driving it since lol...as for getting the mud off im gonna try spraying some sort of degreaser, i like the supertech one cuz it foams when it hits stuff so it sticks on better...then im gonna hose everything off with a power washer...
Old 04-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 91TPU
i should be working by next week for lowes, again lol...but ill be working in the building materials dept this time instead of paint thank god lol

as for all the mud, my truck isnt nearly clean yet, and im yet to have the chance to do any work on it, good thing ive barely been driving it since lol...as for getting the mud off im gonna try spraying some sort of degreaser, i like the supertech one cuz it foams when it hits stuff so it sticks on better...then im gonna hose everything off with a power washer...
Congrats on the job.

I would be careful as to pressure wash the engine bay, not recommended, res of the truck yes..
Just not the engine bay.
I will have to try some of that.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:19 PM

i thought you were talking about the underbody, for my engine bay its degreaser and a rag...
Old 04-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 91TPU
i thought you were talking about the underbody, for my engine bay its degreaser and a rag...
No the underbody is dressing in some swim trunks and takin a pressure washer to it,

Engine bay, I guess i will try some other degreasers...
Old 04-10-2007, 07:21 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I pressure washed min, still dirty and I sucked dirt into my vents somehow and now I taste dirt all day..gotta clean them...wonder how??
Old 04-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by CJM
I pressure washed min, still dirty and I sucked dirt into my vents somehow and now I taste dirt all day..gotta clean them...wonder how??
Vaccume what you can and then fabreeze the hell outta that vent
Old 04-10-2007, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by craw4x4
hey matt , nice pics , where was take at , in england
nope, those are all over here. mostly state parks. I'm starting to geo-tag my photos... some of the stuff in the extended info (aka EXIF) also contains the GPS coords that the pic was taken at
Old 04-10-2007, 08:17 PM
CJM

Yea, will do Avy when I get some freetime.. Till then I swear I am tasting dirt..

In other news, I got my new tire for 100 bucks..not to bad as I got it through my new bosses friends shop. They were also all ready to help me out with what I thought was a stuck lifter or other big problem, but i fixed it-vacuum line came off.

Also, if your wipers dont work, check the fluid...mine wouldnt go down all the way and i took the whiole thing apart, the motor, etc in the dark and go filled the fluid later..wtf fine now except maybe i screwed up the sides..

Anyway, wont be seeing alot of me for a bit, working 2 jobs and a heck of alot of time at the other job training...AAA call service, batteries, lock outs, tires, jumps, awesome ness. I get my own van too..
Old 04-11-2007, 03:03 AM

i have yet to start to clean my car up. I got my new swaybar disco's , and started to do one side last night , it was a pain in the azz , it took me a couple hours to get the old parts off. so now i gotta do the other side this week, between the rain drops. YIPPIE. Avy if you guys go to check out other places to go off roading , let me know , I may be up for that. If PAP is still open next month , i may be going up again, but on quads this time. i def want to go out again with in the next couple months, if anyone is up for it .
Old 04-16-2007, 07:05 PM
CJM

Bump, decals matt? new club ride??
Old 04-16-2007, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by CJM
i got some insight on cleaning the vents...what i did to get the cig smoke out of my truck from the PO, i took off the grate thing, you just slide a screwdriver in one side, i think its the right on all of em, and then push toward the center and out and they pop out...then i cleaned inside with a rag and cleaner...then i took one of those long magnetic duster things, and ran it down into the dash...it got a lot of dust out...also clean your cabin filter...
Old 04-17-2007, 01:31 PM
CJM

We dont have cabin filters, least you and I shouldnt Joe.

I cleaned mine out, just sprayed alot of febreeze into it and let it blow out..to lazy to remove the vents..

In other news I installed my CB where the ashtray was, actually pretty easy. hardest part was removing the danged interior panels..
Old 04-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by CJM
We dont have cabin filters, least you and I shouldnt Joe.

I cleaned mine out, just sprayed alot of febreeze into it and let it blow out..to lazy to remove the vents..

In other news I installed my CB where the ashtray was, actually pretty easy. hardest part was removing the danged interior panels..
I don't think they put cabin filters till the 4th Gen on the Runners, and I think the newest Tacos IIRC

Yeah Febreeze works wonder lol!

Marc, you need to change your sig man and add that CB lol!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:01 PM
CJM

Ok so new news is Avy and I will be trying to go scout out rausch and wharton state forest at some point very shortly.

Rausch we do not know the trailsize, Avy thinks it may be more jeep friendly than yota friendly..

As for Wharton we will see, but its alot of mud and water and we may want to make sure we all have snorkels or check out the by passes..

In other news, hopefully we will have a site going eventually and Matt will make the decals with some of our funds..
Old 04-19-2007, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by CJM
Ok so new news is Avy and I will be trying to go scout out rausch and wharton state forest at some point very shortly.

Rausch we do not know the trailsize, Avy thinks it may be more jeep friendly than yota friendly..

As for Wharton we will see, but its alot of mud and water and we may want to make sure we all have snorkels or check out the by passes..

In other news, hopefully we will have a site going eventually and Matt will make the decals with some of our funds..
Hey guys , i think Rausch Creek trail size is big enough for yotas .They are having the East Coast 4runner jambo there this year in june.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:34 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by craw4x4
Hey guys , i think Rausch Creek trail size is big enough for yotas .They are having the East Coast 4runner jambo there this year in june.
Okay so that means
tacos and the earlier pick-ups can make it,
but want about a T100?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:07 AM
CJM

Originally Posted by YotaFun
Okay so that means
tacos and the earlier pick-ups can make it,
but want about a T100?
Exactly... Still need to scout it out when we get a chance..

Hopefully looking at a trail ride sometime in late may
Old 04-19-2007, 07:41 AM

I emailed the woman at Rausch Creek about trailsize and what size vehichle can go , and this was her reply

" We have hummers, bronco's, and other full-size trucks visit pretty regularly. We've been going through the many of the trails one at a time widening them, however there's always going to be places where a big truck has to make adjustments that a smaller vehicle wouldn't have to. "

Lynn

I hope this helps somewhat
Old 04-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Contributing Member

Well we will have to still scout it out and see what we will be in for.

As well as Wharton.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 AM
CJM

Yea, it would be a good idea so we can actually plot a trail(s) we will follow instead just randomly going.