Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

fun off of old Stage Road. (CO) **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fun off of old Stage Road. (CO) **pics**

today we decided to run Eagle rock off of old stage road but when we got up there we found out that the snow was a bit deeper then expected. so instead we tried to get to the lookout off of the first turn off but were cut very short by an untouched 3' of snow. it was tried but didnt even come close. so we went up and played around at the shortcut then went up to the frosty's park road. it had been traveled pretty heavily so the going was easy but the further we got the worse the road got. right before we reached the meadow the snow got deep and we all got stuck... at least 3 times a piece. then if the snow wasnt deep enough, a large drift crossed the road and only one pair of tracks had done it. my friend tried and a 390 V8 and F&R lockrites wern't enough...he buried it. it was all good fun. we came prepared so there were no issues getting out. after that we played around a bit by St. Peter's Dome then called it a day. the pictures are in no particular order and i apoligize in advance for the jeep pics....I'm sure the picture whores won't mind.
enjoy.
Dogs wheel too!

Slider Check.

My turn for the slider check.

Inspiration for the SAS

Jeeps Don't Float

Reverse Winching...its different but it saved us a lot of shoveling.

Same Drift... More Skinny Pedal. This is where we turned around.

My turn to Bury it.

Embarrasing I know... I pulled them as well, just no evidence

Molly And Duke loving the snow.

Money well Spent.

Killer Flex Dude!

Old 03-08-2007, 04:41 AM

Sweet pics......Thanks for sharing. I need to get back up there.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:07 PM

Good variety of pics. Well presented. Post more of this area when you go back. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Contributing Member

So was there more snow up there than in other years? That was what we encountered last weekend when we tried to do the lowest trail we could think of other than lefthand carnage. Right now I sort of think that is the only runable trail in the front range...
Old 03-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been pulled out by jeeps many many times. One of the main reasons why i'll never run a "XXXXX recovery vehicle" sticker, because as soon as i get stuck, it will guarantee that vechilce will be the next one up the trail.

Bummer, looks like a bored girl friend. I find that unless a girl is actually into wheeling, the trips are fairly dull.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by AxleIke
I've been pulled out by jeeps many many times. One of the main reasons why i'll never run a "XXXXX recovery vehicle" sticker, because as soon as i get stuck, it will guarantee that vechilce will be the next one up the trail.

Bummer, looks like a bored girl friend. I find that unless a girl is actually into wheeling, the trips are fairly dull.
HAHAHA you hit the nail on the head. we got stuck... she got pissed. oh well. she'll know to not come next time.