Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Jay Marks Toyota world

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jay Mark's Toyota - Good Rating

Since reading of Jay Mark's toyota here I have ordered two replacement parts. One was an interior door handle which was the same price I payed on e-bay but actually got the side I needed and being toyota it was better quality. The second was my e-brake cable assembly. Both got here within reasonable amount of time, about a week and a half from ordering.

GREAT pricing. I was quoted 72$ locally for my replacement cable and they got it to me for about 50-55$ (I don't have my statement handy).

Things that coulda been done, I haven't gotten a tracking number for either of my orders. The first time it was a e-mail address error and it was corrected but still no tracking number e-mailed to me as said would be done. Also I wish that they would tell what shipping is when you order instead of just saying a couple of bucks, though this way may work out to be cheaper.

Other than that I would recommend ordering from them, great service and pricing. The guy, Mike, is quite friendly on the phone also. If your looking for parts have a quote done by them through their website. Probably will be cheaper than anyone else.

Click here for link to their quote page.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:02 PM

Thumbs down Jay Marks Toyota world

I just ordered a new set of brake pads from JAY MARKS TOYOTA WORLD on the internet, since a lot of people spoke well of them.

Jay Marks charged $29.56 for the pad, and my dealer wanted about $39 +tax. I thought, hey, 10 bux difference, shipping shouldnt be too much. . .
I was a little concerned about shipping costs, since they did not post them on check out. So I got on UPS.com to see what shipping would run.
4lb box 10"x10"x5" from Houston Tx, to Jeffersonville IN, picked up from them, and delivered to my door. $6.

I checked and they are charging me $13 to deliver them!!
Of course, their site reassures you by saying something like "Most of the time shipping will cost roughly the same as sales tax"

So for my trouble to order the part, wait till MAY 5 to recieve it, when I could've just gone to the dealer 2 miles away, I get to pay an extra $4!

Yeah, just $4 right? Bah!

What a ripoff.
From now on, I'll just go to the stealer.
THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL DEAL JAY MARKS TOYOTA!!!
Old 04-30-2003, 01:11 PM

Sorry to hear about that. I have been using them for a couple of years with no problems at all. They probably charged you the extra for handling. Remember the UPS quote is only for the shipping. It takes $$ and time to package and such. But like you said...it was $4 less. I have purchased more expensive item through them and saved a bundle over getting things local. Being such a small amount of your purchase, I'm wondering how much less you were expecting to pay? I always ask ahead for total price with any on-line or mail order to see if it's worth it before ordering. Sometimes places have a screaming deal and then sock you with S&H and ends up working out the same or close to it. I always try to look for free shipping orders or talking them into it or at least reduced shipping.

Paul

Last edited by pfdaxe; 04-30-2003 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:03 PM

I always check shipping.

When i bought my AW floormats I was looking around the 'net. One place wanted $73 and the other wanted $75.25... Then I checked shipping.
The $73 wanted $16 for shipping... The $75.25 place wanted $7.

Lot's of places make a profit on shipping. A place I used to work at did it. If shipping was $5, we would charge $8.50.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:37 PM

Not to sound offensive but I always check the grand total including shipping to determine whether its worth it or not.
90% of the time it is.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs down

That's a pretty weak case to speak poorly of an outfit if you ask me. I bet if you order something higher on the price scale, you'd come out ahead. Big deal. It's not like that is bad business if they want to make a profit. You didn't have to buy anything from them.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear that happened.

If I am buying OEM parts I will get quotes from places like Jay Marks and other online places and go to my local dealer with that price (which, as you saw, is usually lower). 99% of the time they will match it or go a little lower to keep my business. The biggest drop I saw was when I was looking for the e-locker 3rd member w/ 4.56 gears. My local place initially said $1250. I checked Texas Toyota parts (on phong's advice) and found it for ~$750. I went to the local dealer with that price and he said he would give it to me for $725.

Bottom line is I just use them for comparison shopping.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Darren
That's a pretty weak case to speak poorly of an outfit if you ask me. I bet if you order something higher on the price scale, you'd come out ahead. Big deal. It's not like that is bad business if they want to make a profit. You didn't have to buy anything from them.
I agree Darren. I ordered a Toyota part from Jay Marks in March and the shipping was $20 and $19.50 of the $20 was to the US Postal service. So I guess they pocketed .50 cents

As I recall, when I placed the order they told me what the shipping cost was when I placed the order.

I have had nothing but good dealings with them and the customer service from them is outstanding and I'm about 7,000 miles away.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by Woodbert
I'm about 7,000 miles away.
That's funny. You are where the parts are made!
Old 04-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jroc
That's funny. You are where the parts are made!
Don't get me started on that. Suffice to say, Toyota America and Toyota Japan are on different planets in different universe's separated by many light years
Old 04-30-2003, 05:55 PM

Re: Jay Marks Toyota world . . . . Ripoff

Originally posted by DrummerDaveB
So I got on UPS.com to see what shipping would run.
4lb box 10"x10"x5" from Houston Tx, to Jeffersonville IN, picked up from them, and delivered to my door. $6.
I've found that their online calculator is not very accurate, I've seen real world shipping costs end up costing 200% of the online estimate. Plus as was said some of that is packaging costs.

Moving this to Customer Feedback...
Old 05-01-2003, 06:07 PM

Get the UPS tracking number,contact UPS and tell them to stop shipment.Tell them you want to refuse the package.Then email Jay marks to let them know you are refusing the order because you can purchase it cheaper locally.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Contributing Member

thats not to far off....if you were having your own package 10x10x5 4lbs shipped from houston to jeffersonville via ups ground pickup, it would cost 10-12 dollars to ship to a residence (it would be a little cheaper if they had daily pickup but if they call ups or use the web to have them pickup the package that price is about right) PLUS the package (which arent free) and the guy that packages and send stuff needs to be paid....so thats not really that bad of a shipping cost....