Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revtek / Tokico lift done.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 08:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Revtek / Tokico lift done.

Well my buddy and I finally got the Revtek lift in and it went in like a breeze! 2 1/2 hours start to finish including installing the diff drop and new Tokico TrekMaster shocks. I can't believe how much easier it was compared to doing the body lift!

The Tokico's seem to be a good choice for me. I wanted a soft, stock like ride and they gave me just that. I would definitly recommend them to anyone who wants to keep the soft OEM ride with a bit more control as well.

I noticed that there is a slight vibration in the steering wheel above 80kph though so I'll have to do some research on that.

Now I just need an alignment and I'm ready to go.

I'll post some pic's tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same vibration, as soon as I got the alignment all was well. My camber was off by 3.75degs and toe was in 1.75 and that is with 2.5" of lift. Those kinda numbers will cause a vibration a lot of times because the tires will "climb".
Old 04-02-2005, 06:06 AM

I thought that maybe front drive-shaft angle change, (from the diff drop), was causing the vibration but if it's cured with an alignment that would be great! We'll see on Tuesday.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:54 PM

Okay, here are some pic's I took today. I'm thinking I may need to remove the top-out spacer as it seems to be a little too high in the front for my taste. Any opinions?
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-03-2005, 05:09 PM

Daddy like !!! I would like to see a pic with the running boards off though
Old 04-14-2005, 10:01 PM

So here's a pic without the top out spacer installed. I prefer this stance as opposed to leaving it in.

Also, I had a front alignment done after I removed the top out spacer and the vibration that I had is now gone.

That's it for mods this year I think. Next year? 16 x 8 wheels and a winch/bumper combo.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:08 PM

It looks really good. Great job!!! Man, with all that lift, those 285s look small....
How is the ride up front with the revtek spacer? Is it similar to stock? Or bouncy/stiff?

That truck will look incredible with a bumper/rims/running boards off.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:29 PM

Thanks for the kind words.

The ride is very similar to stock. The Tokicos were an excellent choice IMO. They stabilize the way the rig used to "float" around at highway speeds without making the ride any stiffer. I just got in from an eight hour long highway trip and had no complaints at all with how she rode. I was travelling at speeds from 100 to 140 kph and felt quite comfortable at those speeds. She seems to be a little more susceptable to side-winds though, probably due to the added height I would think. Overall, I am very happy with the final result for sure!

The running boards are staying on for now as my little ones have a hard time getting in as it is. Maybe in the future I will find a set of sliders that have somewhat of a shelf or step design that will also protect the body from the rocks that the tires kick up. I know there out there I just haven't looked into it as of yet.