Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

To Paint or Not To Paint...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Paint or Not To Paint...

after this weekend's pismo trip I have realized I still have a lot of rubbing issues with my 33x12.50's. pinch weld is not the problem, the problem is with the sheet metal. this weekend I already bent it in pretty good on the driver's side, and its only gonna get worse if i keep it as is.

so I decided i really want some fiberglass fenders, however, the initial price of the fenders themselves isnt the issue, im more worried about painting costs. I kinda like the look of unpainted fenders, but at the same time, I kinda want to do it right, and paint them right off the bat.

so what do you guys/gals suggest?

i just dont wanna pay more for the paint job than the fenders, but if i do paint i would want it to match pretty closely.

-Casey
Old 07-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking $$$

Originally Posted by casey
after this weekend's pismo trip I have realized I still have a lot of rubbing issues with my 33x12.50's. pinch weld is not the problem, the problem is with the sheet metal. this weekend I already bent it in pretty good on the driver's side, and its only gonna get worse if i keep it as is.

so I decided i really want some fiberglass fenders, however, the initial price of the fenders themselves isnt the issue, im more worried about painting costs. I kinda like the look of unpainted fenders, but at the same time, I kinda want to do it right, and paint them right off the bat.

so what do you guys/gals suggest?

i just dont wanna pay more for the paint job than the fenders, but if i do paint i would want it to match pretty closely.

-Casey
Save yourself some $$$ and just cut the sheet metal on the ones ya got, then the paint will match PERFECTLY!

You might also PM Bruce and ask him as he has some fiby fenders on his rig, not painted yet, but he's got some, so maybe he would have some insight.

How much are fiberglass fenders and from where?

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 07-13-2004 at 04:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Save yourself some $$$ and just cut the sheet metal on the ones ya got, then the paint will match PERFECTLY!

that is also another possiblity, but i do like the look of fiberglass. ahh im so confused now! :pat:

-Casey