Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Found Some Altezza's

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 02:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't going to chime in but I can't help it.. That stuff you guys posted is HILARIOUS!!! I personally think Alteeza's were for SURE not meant for a truck or SUV. I think they look terrible on them!! Not to go against anyone else's opinion or to bash them just my 2cents!!
Old 08-16-2002, 05:17 PM

jason, please do not let all the negative comments keep you from having these alteezas produced. if they look decent, i know these will sell pretty good. we won't get alot of positive feedback in this forum as this is mainly an offroad forum. alot of guys here are closed minded and already have biased opinions based on what they see on street. so what if lots of ricers have them. who cares if ford trucks have them. if they look somewhat cool, i will be proud to represent for the 4runners.
even though i am for alteezas i still laugh my ass off about the posts that other people put up. yes its funny and some have good reasons for hating them. but a mod is a mod is a mod. i just "hate stock parts". and yes i do like the 2001 tail lights but i prefer alteezas if they come out decent looking. please hurry, jason. i have more of an incentive to get these now. i can't wait to post pics all over this forum
Old 08-16-2002, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SanDiegoRunner99
jason, please do not let all the negative comments keep you from having these alteezas produced.
I do discriminate against vehicles with altezzas to some degree, but often there's good reason. I have noticed that a very high percentage of the cars that cut me off on the freeway just happen to have altezzas; they think they're gonna get a role in the Fast and the Furious II by driving aggressively. So I apologize if I seem a little harsh at times.

Don't hate me because I have red tail lights!

Take care people,
Ken
Old 08-16-2002, 08:40 PM

I'm with ya SanDiego...i really like the alteeza's, and am not afraid to admit it despite the apparent distaste for them on this forum. I've been talking to Jason about purchasing them for a long time now...i don't think you need to worry about him taking offense to the negative comments though...he gets a kick out of it as well..infact he sent me that clip before it was even posted on the forum...saying how funny it was. I'm sure he accepts the opinions of those who like them and those who don't...and aslong as they'll sell..it shouldn't matter.

But ahh well..i don't have any problem with those who say they're gay...infact i believe i used to be one of them back before i even owned a vehicle...i used to think they looked like cheap plastic..

However my opinion has since changed..and just like SanDiego...a mod is a mod..anything is better than stock~
Old 08-16-2002, 08:47 PM

I hate anything stock...that's just me. Altezza's have a different look...another option. That's kool. I like options too. Because the 'rice' crowd uses 'em...ahhh, I don't care. I'd personalize my truck anyway that I like. If something good comes along, I'll check it out. I know what cheezeball is and I won't do that. I'd like to see Jason's tails...I'm just enjoying the fun on this post and I don't take it personal. Now, everybody...DANCE!
butnut
Old 08-17-2002, 12:04 AM

O god...not spongebob

Old 08-17-2002, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

I must agree I think its decent as an option, I mean if i had broken tail lights and my choice was 100$ toyota replacement or 50$ altezza I would go with the 50$ altezza. Thats just because I'm pretty cheap.

I don't mind them on cars, just when I see them they are 90% of the time on pos raced out honda civics. Race and Honda is something that will never happen especiall in a civic. My hand goes out the window with a big thumbs down when I pass one. Or in my buddy's case he leaves them a nice note about how much their car sucks. heh.
Old 08-17-2002, 02:31 PM

Dont get me wrong if thats what floats your boat then i say more power to you but with styling it all comes down to personal taste and thats all there is to it .but if its done just because it is the "in" thing to do then i would havbe to go along with my mother, "If every one was going to put their head in a gas oven would you?"
Old 08-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by SanDiegoRunner99
jason, please do not let all the negative comments keep you from having these alteezas produced. if they look decent, i know these will sell pretty good. we won't get alot of positive feedback in this forum as this is mainly an offroad forum. alot of guys here are closed minded and already have biased opinions based on what they see on street. so what if lots of ricers have them. who cares if ford trucks have them. if they look somewhat cool, i will be proud to represent for the 4runners.
even though i am for alteezas i still laugh my ass off about the posts that other people put up. yes its funny and some have good reasons for hating them. but a mod is a mod is a mod. i just "hate stock parts". and yes i do like the 2001 tail lights but i prefer alteezas if they come out decent looking. please hurry, jason. i have more of an incentive to get these now. i can't wait to post pics all over this forum
Don't worry, they will still be produced. There is still a very high demand for them.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:02 PM

Any pics of them yet Jason?? By the way....TYC told me they would have Altezzas by the end of the year.

Paul

pfdaxe@hotmail.com
Old 03-17-2003, 05:02 PM

If anyone is interested....Here are the latest 3rd gen Altezza designs available. The 1st & 2nd pics are of the same light. They will offer that design with "amber" turn signal lense in about 45 days:

Old 03-17-2003, 06:00 PM

IMHO, the 00-02 tail lights are the most attractive, unless you can find the all blue ones, but those are STRICTLY for show (illegal). I like Altezza's on some cars, but not a 4Runner... sorry. The Chevy whatchamacallit (not traiblazer) looks nice with them. I don't like the truck though... I hate them on the Navigator, but I hate the Navigator anyways so...

Zach
Old 03-17-2003, 06:19 PM
A+

these look interesting.who makes these apc? If i'm not mistaken these are 3 slightly different versions.imo 3rd pic looks like the best version of the bunch
Old 03-17-2003, 08:09 PM

I am running Jason's Altezza's and they fit fine, and I LOVE them! here is a pic of them on the back of my rig...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...64808045edhaLa

well, try that link