Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

cargo net - I can't believe it

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cargo net - I can't believe it

Talk about confused, I can't believe I can't figure this out. I have a Cargo net that came with my 04 4Runner Limited. I have tried every which way to install it and can't not figure out what hook and loop goes where. the instructions said to use the clips by the rear seats and to use the 4 loops on the other end hooked to the underside of the lift shelf. I did that, but all it does is lie flat on the shelf.

Then i tried leaving the clips hooked to the rings by the rear seats and hooked the end loops to the knobs by the rear side windows by the hatch. still does no good. Please help there is no way the 4 loops on the one end will hook onto the four knobs (too tight). Thanks in advance, and a picture would be tremendous.

Rob
Old 02-19-2004, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a cargo net with mine. But it is installed right at the opening, when you lift open the rear hatch. I screwed a hook into each side of the opening and stretched the net across the opening. So when you open the rear it is right there. Sorry, no picts. I don't understand how helpful it would be to have it attached to the rear seats. You would have to climb in to put something it the net.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It sounds like you had it right the first time for the standard shelf net. It lies horizontally when the shelf is up or down, and is designed to hold things between it and the shelf. The actual cargo net is an optional accessory available as a port or dealer option. It's wider and fastens hammock-like vertically between the D pillars. I did the same exact thing until I looked in the glove box and found the "real" cargo net.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robbocop
Talk about confused, I can't believe I can't figure this out. I have a Cargo net that came with my 04 4Runner Limited. I have tried every which way to install it and can't not figure out what hook and loop goes where. the instructions said to use the clips by the rear seats and to use the 4 loops on the other end hooked to the underside of the lift shelf. I did that, but all it does is lie flat on the shelf.

Then i tried leaving the clips hooked to the rings by the rear seats and hooked the end loops to the knobs by the rear side windows by the hatch. still does no good. Please help there is no way the 4 loops on the one end will hook onto the four knobs (too tight). Thanks in advance, and a picture would be tremendous.

Rob
I don't have any pics at the moment, but since I use mine maybe I can help. First, there are two different cargo nets (at least in my kit) in the kit. One is meant to be hung across the rear of the cargo area, and acts like a long sack. It has two clips on the bottom which clip into rings in the corners right near the hatch. And two loops on the top ends which go around the two knobs on either side just below the rear quarter windows. This rig lets you store light items inside the netting, like a hammock. The other one is supposed to lie flat on the rear deck when clipped in place, and you place items underneath it. I haven't found much use for the second one, because it doesn't keep anything in place, unless it is very light. But the first one I use quite often. I hope this helps.