Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks awesome man. Keep it up!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by graduatedpine
Nice work!! very impressive
Originally Posted by Crimson Yota
Looks awesome man. Keep it up!
Thanks fellas, its fun tinkering and doing a little at a time.

I was able to get a little work done yesterday, and that included rewiring and reinstalling the CD player that came with the truck. It took a lot longer than it should have because the stock wiring harness plus was cut off so I had to track down each wire, but as usual this just helps me learn every inch of the truck. Its a lot of work to tear everything down and redo it all but the piece of mind that I get from doing it myself and doing it right is worth the extra effort. When I got the truck the sound system install was so bad that I would have to bang the dash/CD player to get it to turn on. If I hit a big bump with the CD player on all the sound on the right side of the truck would cut out, the next big bump it would come back on. No connections where solid or really protected as you can see from the pics on the first page.

I also have a alarm system / remote start system that I will be installing over the next week or so. I have had it for years and its been sitting in a box, so I guess now is the time to put it to use.

With the help of my Multi-meter, the FSM and google I was able to getr done.

Snapped a few pics:

Next will be Autometer gauges under the CD player thinking (Water Temp, Oil Pressure, Volts.) all 52mm Pro Comp. Should look TITS

Till tomorrow everyone.

Chris

Last edited by LifterCatcher; 08-31-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Definatley take lots of pics of the gauges when you install them. They are on my list of stuff to do as well. I will most likely go the a-pillar pod route but always interested in how others like to mount their gauges. Nice work so far man. I'm only in columbia every once in a while but i'm in jeff city all the time to go fishing with my father in law. I'm actually going there wed. night to fish on thursday. Was on the gasconade last week and should be on the osage this thursday.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
Definatley take lots of pics of the gauges when you install them. They are on my list of stuff to do as well. I will most likely go the a-pillar pod route but always interested in how others like to mount their gauges. Nice work so far man. I'm only in columbia every once in a while but i'm in jeff city all the time to go fishing with my father in law. I'm actually going there wed. night to fish on thursday. Was on the gasconade last week and should be on the osage this thursday.
I will make sure to take lots of pics for sure. The A-Pillar looks awesome but it advertises to everyone and kinda says steal me, dont get me wrong all my previous vehicles I have had gauges on the A-Pillar due to limited install space, but since I have a huge open area under the CD player mine as well fill it up.

I was also thinking of switches/console under the CD player as wheel just cant decide if I want gauges or switches there.

Chris

Last edited by LifterCatcher; 08-31-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love every direction you're taking in this build-up. Great work and I'll be checking up on your progress! I don't want to do much to my '92, but when I get a newer Yota (Tacoma or 4Runner) I may do some stuff similar to this!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by w9h2i4treutnrnuecrk
I love every direction you're taking in this build-up. Great work and I'll be checking up on your progress! I don't want to do much to my '92, but when I get a newer Yota (Tacoma or 4Runner) I may do some stuff similar to this!
Thanks a lot W9 (and ya thats a lot easier)

Its a lot of fun doing things here and there. The big time consumer was actually tracking everything down on the truck that was done before me and fixing/throwing away a lot of useless wires etc.

Chris
Old 08-31-2010, 04:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Chris, are you planning on leaving the seats gray or are you gonna get them to match the black?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:53 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm only in columbia every once in a while but i'm in jeff city all the time to go fishing with my father in law. I'm actually going there wed. night to fish on thursday. Was on the gasconade last week and should be on the osage this thursday.
Good to see some YT members from the Show-Me state! Chris, did I spot a Missouri plate on your 4Runner? I grew up in St. Charles, go back there a couple times a year to visit family. We should have a YotaTech round up...seems like everyone else on here is from the coasts.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Crimson Yota
Chris, are you planning on leaving the seats gray or are you gonna get them to match the black?
The plan is to get some nice Okie seat covers or new seats all together in black, but that will be a while down the road. I have some other plans that will be completed before the seats.

Originally Posted by 86 TOY
Good to see some YT members from the Show-Me state! Chris, did I spot a Missouri plate on your 4Runner? I grew up in St. Charles, go back there a couple times a year to visit family. We should have a YotaTech round up...seems like everyone else on here is from the coasts.
You grew up just down the road I am in Columbia, Mo and we def should set up a meet or camping/wheeling trip that would be a great time.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:54 AM

Check out ttora. There's a few members there and a trip on the 28th i believe at the SMORR. I can't make it to this event due to work issues but as far as i know there's a MOTTORA chapter in the works. I believe it's getting started by a guy in columbia as well. He goes by 06silverback on the TTORA forum. If you're interested in meeting fellow toy owners local to you it might be a good avenue to do so.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man those interior pieces/panels came out great! I might have to paint all of mine now...

A while back I did something similar with my '02 but I just re-painted the "accent" pieces that were already black. Krylon Fusion is great stuff!!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:23 PM

Check out ttora. There's a few members there and a trip on the 28th i believe at the SMORR. I can't make it to this event due to work issues but as far as i know there's a MOTTORA chapter in the works. I believe it's getting started by a guy in columbia as well. He goes by 06silverback on the TTORA forum. If you're interested in meeting fellow toy owners local to you it might be a good avenue to do so.
Thanks so much for the info Mighty going to check out TTORA. I am always interested in meeting others who have the same interests.

Originally Posted by 4ever4running
Man those interior pieces/panels came out great! I might have to paint all of mine now...

A while back I did something similar with my '02 but I just re-painted the "accent" pieces that were already black. Krylon Fusion is great stuff!!
Thanks I really like the look of the flat black, plus the new paint and the Herculiner go great together and really make the interior nice and clean.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:31 AM

Well I was finally able to get the TPS readjusted, It took some time but with lots of help from some awesome YTers I was able to get it done. I have a very detailed thread that address all the issues that I ran into while adjusting the TPS and fix to my issue it can be found here.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...r-help-219947/

I hope my thread is able to help others that might run into the same issue. In a Nut shell the terminals in the TPS plug are actually inverted from the FSM and other sources. So I my E2 terminal was actually the top terminal and not the bottom one.

(Here is a shot of calibrating the TPS and adjusting it back into spec.)

On a side note I picked up a welder and will start fabricating some stuff, so things should start to get interesting.

Stay tuned.

Chris
Old 09-11-2010, 10:37 AM

what you gonna fab up there sheriff?!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:06 PM

what you gonna fab up there sheriff?!
Well I have tons of things on my mind that I want to build, but for starts I am thinking a rear bumper with tire carrier/swingout. Its gonna be basic and simple but it will get the job done.

Did not even realize my GLOCK is in the above pic....LOL
Old 09-11-2010, 09:27 PM

So I did some 3D rendering tonight to mock up some ideas for my rear bumper and tire carrier swing out. Tell me what you guys think

Excited to get this build under way!

Chris
Old 09-11-2010, 11:15 PM

that's cool about the glock i recognized it and the sheriff part is cool as well my dad is retired st. louis city. Like the bumper ideas. you ever get over to this side of the state don't hesitate to drop me a line. I familiar with the junkyards around here and some of the toyota guys as well. LIkewise if i get over there in columbia i'll be sure to drop a line as i do get there from time to time to ride the quads and fish a little.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey mouse...didnt know you fished. Were you like to go?
Old 09-12-2010, 06:02 PM

highlux, didn't want to highjack his thread so i pm'd you about fishing. Anybody else wanna go pm me i'm always down for fishing.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:21 PM

Ok so today I decided to do the ISR mod, cost about $13.00 but it took three trips to the parts store. Its not the best but its cheap and a lot better than stock.

(crap out)

(junk no longer needed on the work bench)

(Mock up to get the fit just right)

(In this pic I cut off the bend on the middle vac tube to allow me to run a hose back into the valve cover breather using a T. Looks a ton better and works great.)

(Hacked off the male outlet to use to join the two hoses back together, better shot in the below pic.)

(pic shows the hacked van tube and T.)

(This is how I joined the bigger vac line to the intake air filter can)

(Another pic of the junk not needed anymore.)

COMPLETE!

Chris

Quick Reply: LifterCatcher's 1993 4Runner Build-Up Thread