Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

1994 pickup, BAGGED, SHAVED, more! *Pictures*

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 pickup, BAGGED, SHAVED, more! *Pictures*

This truck was featured in the 2001 December issue of MiniTruckin magazine. It has gone over some changes since the time of the publication, but the theme remains the same…a clean west coast bagged pickup. Here’s the ‘lowdown’ on this stunner –

Drivetrain:
· 2.4L 4-cylinder rotary engine, 98k miles, STRONG!
· 5 speed manual transmission
· EFI (fuel injected), p/s, a/c
· Chromed Parts: Valve Cover, Performance Header, Exhaust Shroud, Radiator cover, Battery Strap, Hood rod, Air Intake, Air breather, Throttle Body mount, Power Steering reservoir mount, A/C accumulator mount, various other mounts, nuts/bolts throughout.
· Performance: K+N complete cold-air intake, K+N breather, performance header, and Flowmaster muffler.

Exterior:
· Complete 4-Runner front-end conversion, including headlamps, chromed bumpers (with kandy green inserts painted), grill, and emblem.
· Fully shaved (door handles, locks, fuel door, tailgate handle [relocated to inside], antenna, emblems)
· Custom ‘frame-off’ Sherwin Williams Kandy Sage Green paint with Blue accent (flake in blue). Doorjambs, firewall, cab, underhood, and bed are sprayed in green. Truck is literally disassembled and the body is sprayed solid, then reassembled.
· 18” KMC wheels with Kumho 215/35/ZR18-series low profile Z-rated tires. Wheels/tires have less than 500 miles total with even tread
· Chromed Parts: Hinges (hood, doors), door latches, tailgate tiedowns, front calipers, rear drums, front suspension A-arms (extended), steering shaft, various other parts.
· 1-piece roll pan, custom shaved to have no creases.
· Tinted windows

Interior:
· 100% grey tweed covered inside of cab. Headliner, dash, doors, console, seats, armrests, visors, glove compartment, A-pillars, subwoofer box, and all accent pieces. Doors and center console have tribal pattern designs embedded in the tweed, for a truly custom effect.
· Budnik billet steering wheel (with horn piece)
· Billet armrests, custom CNC milled
· Billet gear shifter
· Customized 60/40 split seats with armrest in middle, lowback design, reclining/gliding mechanisms on both.

Air suspension:
· (2) Firestone 2500 air bags up front
· Front shocks relocated and upgraded for air suspension
· Parker Gold ½” valves
· ½” DOT air hose
· 2 electric switches (2-way), electric operation
· Custom designed rear suspension, consisting of (2) air shocks, which raise and lower the rear end with a simple valve. They use a cantilever motion to push the rear to one side or the other, with the operation of the front airbags, making the truck do a true side-to-side operation.
· Large C-notch in rear to lay the truck on the frame
· Custom designed chrome rear shock stabilizer bar
· Compressed Nitrogen (N2O) tank air setup. Utilizes a 3-gallon reservoir tank, to make sure pressure is always available. System NEVER has to wait to recharge with air when you’re hittin switches. There is enough pressure to hop it if desired
· Harris high PSI regulator with 2 guages (pressure in, and pressure out).

Electronics:
. Optima Yellow Top battery
· Kenwood 40w x4 CD deck with flip-down face and remote
· (2) Kenwood amps, 1 mono-block sub amp, 1 multi-channel amp for front speakers
· (2) Image Dynamics 10” subwoofers
· Eclipse 3-way components with crossovers
· Custom sealed box, perfectly matched for subs
. Stinger batt terminals/wiring/RCAs/fuses
· Clifford alarm with ignition kill, tilt sensor (triggers if someone puts a jack under the truck), shock sensor, glass sensor, hood sensor, and remote. Door ‘poppers’ work from the alarm remote

This truck is setup to be a daily driver. It drives straight, has NO SQUEAKS, NO LEAKS, and does not burn oil. It has original miles on the engine/drivetrain/body. It was never wrecked, and has a clean title. Truck starts fine, makes no noises when it runs. There are no mechanical problems with the vehicle. I have owned it since March of ’05. It was featured in the December 2001 MiniTruckin magazine, with a 4-page spread, under the heading “ASSASYN8D”. The truck was solid Kandy Green at the time I purchased it, and I sprayed the blue on the top part, because some of the green topcoat was cracking. The truck could use a new paint job, or just have the blue sanded down and the truck matched to all green again. The engine compartment had a lot of time and money put into it. Most everything was sprayed in the Kandy green, or it was chromed or modified in some way. This truck as mentioned, is setup using a compressed air system by way of Nitrogen. The tanks are very cheap to refill, from any welding supply store (like Praxair). The tanks typically last about 2-3 weeks with daily driving, but it of course all depends on how much you use the air ride.

The frame has been reinforced for the air suspension, and lays frame on custom brackets welded to the frame. All the suspension work was done professionally. The front A-arms are extended so when it lays frame, the wheels ride true. If you ever wanted to add airbags in the rear, the hard work is all done for you. It’s already notched, just add the bags, mounts, and hoses…or if you wanted to get rid of the Nitrogen compressed system and add a standard compressor…just put a compressor on the system, the hoses and air tank are in place. This is a great show vehicle, or daily driver. As shown above, there are MANY modifications that separate this truck, from ones who try to impress with bolt-on parts. This has had a lot of time in the body shop, and at the chromer’s to get it where it is. I am selling it to start a new project, and I want this to go to someone that has a passion for mini-trucks and wants to get in the scene with a nice truck, at a nice price…without spending $10,000 in extra modifications in addition to buying a stock truck.

KNOWN PROBLEMS:
Some of the body does have chipped paint (minor), and there are some pinhole type dings on the body. There are no large dents however, the truck was never wrecked or hit by another vehicle. It has been 5 years since it was painted. Some of the blue in areas is a little faded, but the green is solid. This truck has been driven on a weekend basis around town, but sits in a garage under a cover…. and is regularly maintained, washed, waxed, and cared for. But with age on paint, comes wear…I just suggest having it resprayed on the outside, the same green. All the hard areas (which are expensive…. engine compartment, doorjambs, and miscellaneous pieces) are in great condition. Just have the outside redone and it will be show-quality again.

The drivers seat tweed does have some wear in it. Some tears have occurred. It should be recovered which is approximately $65 at my local upholstery shop. The rest of the interior looks great.

The Clifford alarm on the truck needs a new siren mechanism. The lights still flash on the truck when the alarm is activated, and it has an ignition kill system. The remote door popper for the shaved door operates off the alarm remote from a separate button. Just replace the alarm siren and it will work 100% again.

PICTURES:

------------------
ASKING PRICE -- $5500 obo
------------------

Any questions you may have about the truck, email me: justinkfarmer@yahoo.com or call 760-223-6768. I have tons of pictures of the truck...feel free to email me for them. Thanks!

Last edited by eXp0; 05-23-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:14 AM

Also wanted to mention the truck is located in Southern California (High Desert)...I have no problem showing it. However...NO JOYRIDES! I have had 'potential' buyers for other custom vehicles who just want to waste my time and have no intentions of buying. The truck can be driven home, I would suggest trailering it or shipping it if you live a long distance from me. I will help the buyer in anyway possible with shipping if desired.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:18 AM

how does it do on the trails? just kidding, nice job
Old 05-23-2006, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by outrages112
how does it do on the trails? just kidding, nice job
Haha...you know the most frequent comment I get is "how do you go over speed bumps"....then I hit some switches...and show them it raises up almost double the stock height
Old 05-23-2006, 05:47 PM

I didn't know toyota made rotary engines? Did it come put of an RX-7?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member

It looks like a regular Toy 4banger to me. Probably a hard sell on this board.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
It looks like a regular Toy 4banger to me. Probably a hard sell on this board.

That was my thought.... Its funny looking at the complete opposite of my truck
Old 05-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know what to say... bleh? No offense, but I think this may be the wrong board to post this up on...
Old 05-24-2006, 09:37 AM

If you want to sell that thing here you're going to need to put a solid front axle under it with some 37" tires. Get some good pics of it flexing and of you wheeling and some nice body damages.

You're going have a better selling it on a Mini Truck forum instead of a OFFROAD forum.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Contributing Member

Fyi your vehicle does not have a rotary engine.

that looks like a 22re to me.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:53 AM

Yeah...what he said
Old 06-10-2006, 04:20 PM

Every member who has bashed this rig in here will be getting a warning and your comments will be deleted. Best to remain silent if it isn't your style.