Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

Interco TSL super swampers ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interco TSL super swampers ?

Does anyone have any experience or advice about TSL Ssuper swampers? i wanna get some but don't know much about them.
Old 07-26-2003, 05:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This should

TSL SUPER SWAMPER RADIAL REVIEW
By Jody Campbell
A few years back, if you would have told someone you were going to buy a set of TSL Super Swampers for your rock crawler, they would have told you "you’re nuts!." The truth is, these tires are being seen today on almost every slick rock, rock crawling, trail throughout the United States. TSL Super Swampers were originally designed by Interco to be a "True Mud-Terrain tire". Super Swampers are designed with a patented "three stage lug", (hence TSL) and large voids between the lugs to quickly self clean the tread during high speed mud bogging. The large lugs, and soft rubber compound are also the qualities that are drawing the rock crawling crowd to love them. The soft rubber compound makes these tires stick to slick rock like glue, and the large lugs act like "fingers" to grip rocks and ledges and pull vehicles up like a rock climber. Another great feature is the sidewalls are a one third thicker than B.F. Goodrich Mud-Terrain’s to help resist sidewall punctures. All of these great features don’t come with out drawbacks. I have been using the TSL radials for about 8 months now and here are my complaints. The TSL radials wear much more quickly than other mud-terrains, (read BFG) they ride substantially rougher, and emit quite a howl at speed. I wouldn’t recommend them if your 4X4 is your commuter vehicle, or if you want a super quiet, smooth ride. If you are looking for the toughest trail tire on the market, then your search is over!
Old 07-26-2003, 09:49 PM

swampers

I love mine. They are great for trails but i would not use them for a daily driver. I've got the 36" TSL sx's. I've had to change my driving style,these tires grab anything and everything and climb it.We have trails so tight we make 2 and 3 point turns, with my old tires I use to go high and slide around , but with the swampers I must do the 2 pointers.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:39 PM

Exclamation Tsl

Im gettin some tsl super swampers that have like 40% left on them, how will they do for winter tires, and how bad are they for just highway use, i no new ones arent great for the road but im getting a deal and need tires,
Old 10-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
depends on where your winter is and how wide the tire is, Bias or Radial...lots of variables--including your driver skills..
Old 10-19-2011, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like drop zone said, depends a whole bunch on your version of winter. My version is up to -40, snow and ice covered roads every where you go. and off road is in feet of snow. You don't want swampers for that. Although they do suprisingly well in 3 feet of powder. They are anything but a winter tire. No siping, |(generally) wide, agressive. The only thing they have going for them is a soft rubber compound. But if you arn't dealing with snow or ice that doesn't count as winter anyways.