Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Dirtopia - Colorado Trails

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dirtopia - Colorado Trails

Ok everyone,
I've begun a project to update Dirtopia (http://www.dirtopia.com) with all of the Colorado Trails I know of.

I've loaded 'pointers' to all the trails I know of in each county (since Dirtopia organizes trails by county).

I've created a basic template to build the trail information, it's based off of other dirtopia templates. The template has places to put just about every type of info we can imagine for a trail: Lat/lon, difficulty, terrain, off road use allowed, nearest city, county, google earth KMZ, google maps link, etc.

So far I've updated all the trails I know of for El Paso, Teller, and Park counties. Next up will be Summit and Douglas, and so on. Every trail I've updated so far has at least a Google Earth & Google Maps link that works, and rating information. Some have photos & trail info, most of them are lacking a description and driving directions.

If anyone would like to help, feel free to register at dirtopia.com & edit away. Please use the templates when adding new trails (e-mail me if you'd like a copy of a blank template). We should try to keep all the articles looking as similar as we can.

If you have photos or trail descriptions, please add those as well. My goal is to have the basics of every trail in the state in before the season starts in April. It'll be a lot of work, but well worth it in the end.

Good luck!