General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 ls400 1uz VERY hard time starting when cold

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 ls400 1uz VERY hard time starting when cold

hey guys, Im having a little problem with this engine (1uzfe) 92 ls4, after I installed it in my truck it doesn't want to start when it's cold or on first starts. and when it does start up after 5mins of turning over and over it will start but runs like total ass and want's to die, and I cannot drive it untill I rev the crap out of it to clear it up or such. like if it was getting crazy fuel or not enough fuel. I was wondering if there was any extra wires that I had to hook up other than the normal efi wires to start the engine? after the truck gets past the dumb starting and idles it runs like a bat out of hell, and runs great. but just that damn problem is bugging me. if any of you can help me out that would be great, I hate to drive this truck because it's so hard to start in the mornings....thanks guys.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:14 PM

do you have a copy of the EWD or at least the ECU schematic?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
the idle speed motor has 6 wires going to it and all 6 need to be connected to power or ground exactly the way they are in the diagrams ..it gets power in sequence and if one is wrong or you hooked all power together (should have power when truck is off )or all ground together it wont work . This is from memory so double check

take a look at the the idle motor ..
before you start the truck and the engine is still cold remove the idle speed motor ... it should be fully opened (allow air in to the intake) its probably closed ..

every time you drive the truck , when you go to shut it off the ecu tells the idle motor to fully open for the next engine start.If the engine is cold it will stay open until warm ,if its warm it will shut .

without knowing more thats all i got ..

good luck

Last edited by RMA; 01-22-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:45 PM

hi guys, thanks for the feedback, im sorry I just got my truck back from the body shop so ive forgot all about this since I didn't have my truck....Welll ive got my truck back. lol and yes it's still having this problem. here is what I have wired up

e1 - ground
e01 - ground
e02 - ground
+b - 12v switch
+b1 - 12v switch
batt - 12v hot
fp - 12v switch

pretty much that's it to fire her up. also I have all my gauge and misc options hook as well but that's not important right now. but someone said something about wiring something else or the engine will not start up or hard to start, but I cannot find that thread anymore, or so I think that's what I saw??

here's what ive done and change

changed maf
change coolant temp sensor
complete tuneup
change ecu

also what's weird is when I try to spray starting fuel into the intake it fires right up untill all the starting fluid is all gone, if I keep spraying it the truck will idle fine, but as soon as I stop the truck dies, and cannot start and it's really hard to try to start again all over. it's as if I was not getting any fuel from the fuel pump, but I have a gauge and it's getting plenty of pressure. so what do you guys think??

on the idle speed motor i'll check on that tomm when its cold