General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

I need to buy a toyota midsize truck with back seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to buy a toyota midsize truck with back seat

I need to buy a Toyota midsize truck with the deep cab..seat in back. If it makes a difference i live in Sacramento, California...temperature range 30 to 110 degrees..and 99% of the time on paved road. I don't care about manual or automatic. Do you have any recommendations for the best last 10 years of Toyota midsize trucks up and to the current model. Is there one year that shines?..is there a year and model you would avoid...it there any thresholds in technology i should be aware of..regarding the drive train, engine, mileage, fuel system, weight, driveability, features...i plan on using this truck for what trucks are designed for..hauling...
I do not need a 4 wheel drive for terrain or for weather..but i would not be opposed to buying one if it was worth the investment and i was not creating more repair risk..
This is my truck experience...1973 3/4 ton Chevy longbed used in construction with 350 and automatic. My next truck was the small Toyota 5r..1976..great truck...then i had two fords 150's with the 300 six in succession for the last 20 years..
Thankyou very much for any thoughts you might have.
steve