03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

lifted 4th gen w/ 315's vs. stocker - PICS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billy, Billy...where art thou?

Ya know, I think he's missing in action! "Sho would be nice to see what the boy done did to his rig lately!"

Doug M.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Banned

I know ... I would like to know too!

Doug ... did you do Billy's spacer fab trick on the front of your truck? (i mean, where he did the 3/4" spacer instead of the 3/8" that came with the kit)
Old 05-17-2004, 09:47 PM

BILLY IS BACK!!

Lol, just been real busy all, sorry for the lack of communicaiton. Got my new internet connection setup this evening. I'll answer some questions quickly and then get some more stuff posted when i get a break in the action.

Doug-
Hey, my bad bro. Your panhard bracket is sitting on my counter, as well as the top spacers. I will get them in the mail asap...again, sorry for my lame ass communication on this one.

4route-
Definitely talk to Todd, he just helped me out on a bunch more parts. Just run a search for TOR in the members list to get his #, etc.

My ride is currently torn to peices, as we are wiring in a ridiculously huge stereo. I have a drivers seat in at the moment, and that is it. Opening my doors by pulling on the cables. Stereo should be done by the weekend. I finally got the downey rear coils in in combo with my revtek spacers, and am sitting at 41" with the 325's(36's) in the rear. The coils are a great upgrade from the stockers, but I lost about 1/2" from where i was with my custom coils and spacers. I have some tricks in my bag to get the rear up about another 3/4" to meet my desires. I have done extensive grinding of the frame in the front fender wells to fit the 36" tires, and have reshaped all 4 fenders to eliminate rubbing. Once the stereo is complete, all i have left is a blower and maybe the idea of 17" discs. I am still torn on the discs, as I would not be able to wheel as hard without a 17" rim and my H2 take offs, so for now the discs will remain stock.

That is about all i can remember at the moment. Got aligned again after the 325/50R22's and am nearly back to stock angles, cast, and camber, etc. 10" subs are going in under the front seats(with the help of a seat 2" lift kit), and she will total out at 8 subs of varying sizes, 20+ total speakers, 8 tweets, 6 amps, 3 batteries, one huge ass iso, 6 total ferads, and about every other excessive idea I have come up with...lol. I should be able to be in touch on a more routine basis.

Keep up the good work. There are some awesome 4th gens popping up everyday. Let me know if there is anything else i can do to help the rest of ya. Goodbye for now.

Billy
Old 05-18-2004, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by fourunnabilly
Doug-
Hey, my bad bro. Your panhard bracket is sitting on my counter, as well as the top spacers. I will get them in the mail asap...again, sorry for my lame ass communication on this one.
Billy,

I just PMed you about the top spacers. I've been too lazy to pull apart my front suspension to get to the spacer to get the measurements for you. I read that you made some for Doug. Was wondering if you can whip a pair for me as well.

Thanks
Loi
Old 05-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

BILLY IS BACK!!Let me know if there is anything else i can do to help the rest of ya. Goodbye for now.

Billy
hey i have a question: how do you make the $ to pay for all this? and, how do i sign up for that job?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:12 PM

I have tried to answer everyone's PM's about the custom top spacers. I am going to start a new thread right now to set this up more effeciently. All the necessary info you need to know should be included in the new thread. If there are any other parts you all need like a pan hard drop bracket, etc, let me know. We can fab about anything.

ahriman-
About the job...if I told ya we would both be unemployed.

I am going to start a tally in the other thread. Hit me up there with your needs and interests.

Billy
Old 05-26-2004, 10:23 PM

Your lift

Hey all-

Here are some shots of a stock 4th gen next to mine...remember as extreme as 4 inches of lift and 315s may seem, it truly isnt that big...makes the stocker sure look low though... ...enjoy and have a good weekend.

Billy

pic link
Billy,

I'm coming in late on this thread. I've been waiting for someone to get the big ones to lift a 4 gen sport ed. Did you have to X the xreas? Is this a custom lift? If so can you tell me a little about how you did it? Suspension lift or carriage? I was temped to slide a couple of 2.5" spacers on top of the struts so I could try to keep the xreas but if you found a better way I definitely would like to know your genious.

Thanks Chris
Old 05-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Banned

Chris ... Billy has a nice combo of things on his truck, but he doesn't have xreas. I believe that in the front he is running a combo of spacers, including a 3/8" one of his own fabrication. in the rear, i believe he is running the revtek spacer on top of some downey coils.

a lot of us have lifted our 4th gens by now ... there's a link at the bottom of my sig. that shows my installation, and i'm sure Billy will get back to you as well. there are tons of other 4th gens lifted around here on yotatech.

also ... if you plan on lifting yours, i'm in your area and would be more than happy to help. i had xreas before the lift, and continue to have it. the lift didn't affect it at all.

but you're right, Billy's a smartie, and there are lots of other smarties around here too. welcome to the board!

Last edited by 4route; 05-26-2004 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

Chris:

You have xreas so lifting your 4runner will be severely limited. Unfortunately you biggest limitation will be the shocks (xreas). They will prevent the full travel as you lift it higher you will get limited in the travel length.

Anyway, the best way to lift your 4runner is to use spacer technology. I'd say go for the Daystar Spacers or Revtek Spacers. Both are quality stuff and you'll be able to lift it 2.5 - 3" max (depending on the kit you purchase). You can add the top spacer that Billy is making but I can't fully say if it will work or not as I have not seen the product in person. Do not absolutely add anything in the rear or change the rear. Your rear can only support the spacer alone or getting Downey's rear coil. Combining both will destroy your rear shock/xreas. For details on why please read earlier post that I have written on this.

Installation is relatively easy. It'll just take abit to work around the xreas but none the less there are alot of documentation here on this board that you'll be able to find.

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Good Times
You can add the top spacer that Billy is making but I can't fully say if it will work or not as I have not seen the product in person.
Ahhh, c'mon Lance! You think I would encourage this if it wasnt both successful and sustainable???...hell no. I should shoot ya a pair as well as my 3/8" revtek originals and let you compare em for yourself. The 3/4" spacers are the ticket for sure to gain an extra inch at a reasonable price. Four sets went out overnight mail today. These are a product that I have 110% faith in. Enough from me, I can understand where you are coming from, but hey...support a brotha!

Billy
Old 05-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Contributing Member

I'm not dissin ya bro

I just havn't tested them suckers so I couldn't comment on em until I see em workin like yours! Also it hasn't been tested on the xreas so I didn't want to push it on a new member that wants to lift it. I support it fully to those that want more lift but not to someone that is just getting into the mix. Baby steps!

As for you sending me one set, it won't work with my setup so o well
Old 05-27-2004, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Good Times

As for you sending me one set, it won't work with my setup so o well
I know they are no good for you...I was just gonna send you a set to hang on your wall next to the nissan frontier poster.

Billy
Old 05-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Contributing Member

I was just gonna send you a set to hang on your wall next to the nissan frontier poster.
Damn, I just got busted!!!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:55 AM

I know they are no good for you...I was just gonna send you a set to hang on your wall next to the nissan frontier poster.

Billy
classic... you two crack me up...
Old 05-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Banned

well, i have xreas, so when i add his spacers, i can be a saleswoman for them.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:21 PM

fourunnabilly,

You are my hero! I bought the same truck as you last year and have been bitching about the ground clearance ever since. I can clear some serious hazzards with my '93 4Runner but this new one is lame on ground clearance. After getting stuck in my own driveway last winter (8,500 feet in the Colorado mountains), I've swapped the tires out to BFG 265-70-R17 All Terrain TA/KO's. A world of difference even though they will probably rub off the road. Now it looks like there's a solution to that as well. It was my understanding that modifying the suspension would be a problem, but it seems you have had no adverse affects. I'll have to check out the specifics of what you've modified because I now have a winter project!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Banned

a bunch of people have lifted their 4th gen. Runners ... none have reported any adverse effects ... Billy does have the tallest lift though!

what part of CO are you in?
Old 10-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rambobucky
I'll have to check out the specifics of what you've modified because I now have a winter project!
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f33/nitrous-enterprises-leveling-lift-kits-4th-gen-4runners-xreas-non-xreas-41496/ < -- Billy makes those.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:43 AM

Rocky,
We're in unincorporated Clear Creek County just east of Idaho Springs. Just got 4" of snow last night. Sorry for the long delay in responding, was on the road for a while. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.