86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LCE Header

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LCE Header

So my LCE legal header, flowmaster 50 series muffler and skyjacker nitro 8000s came today. I already inslatalled the shocks myself and went out for some late night wheelin just to "test them out" (i was more than happy). but the header and the muffler im going to need to have my muffler shop do. My question is if anyone has the LCE header on their 22-re and how they like it? Also if it loosens regularly and needs to be tightened and adjusted as ive heard about after market headers... thanks guyss
Old 05-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Me and a buddy just installed one on his pro-stock motor we dropped in a 90 PU. The only issue we had is it seemed that LCE welded the flange where the extension pipe bolts to the header at the wrong clock and at the same time mounted the O2 sensor bung in the wrong spot . The problem was solved in the end because we hacked up the rest of the exhaust so that it would bolt to the LCE piping to no mods to it, but now the O2 sensor sits at a weird angle; sticks out at about a 45 degree angle to the left.

But in the truck, the header look absolutely AWESOME next to a brand new motor all painted up and clean, lol. Plus, with the body lift, it looks so bad @$$ to see it through the driver's side wheel well.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:22 AM

Just my $0.02 but I would think twice about the LC header. I just bought a LC header and if I had to do it all over again I would probably go with something else (like a Thorley if I could figure out if it would fit). The LC is way overpriced for the quality and, while the tech staff was initially helpful, in the end they screwed me.

I have a 95 4x4 regular cab so, as I had read in other posts, the collector pipe they sent did not fit (hit the torsion bar mount). They even called me to verify what model and year truck that I had prior to shipment. They sent me a new collector with an invoice which said if I didn't ship them back their collector (at my own cost) they would charge me $80 for the new collector and shipping. When I questioned them about why I needed to pay for shipping a part that they said would work on my truck they had no answers. I ended up sending it back (at my own cost) but I will likely never buy another LC part again.

Their header is nothing special. The welds on mine look like something done in a high school shop class and the flange where the header bolts to the collector is a poor design in my opinion. They include washers with the bolts to attach the collector to the header but the washers don't fit right because the flange has so much weld on it that it interferes with the washer sitting flush. There is so much weld at one point on the collector flange that it holds the bolt in place when you are tightening up the connections. Maybe I am confused and this is a convenience feature so you don't need to have to hold the bolt with a wrench during tightening.

Compared to other headers that I have purchased in the past (for other vehicles) this header is ridiculously overpriced for the level of craftsmanship that went into it.

If you are going to buy this header be sure and tell them you have a regular cab truck (if that is a picture of your truck in your avatar) and tell them to send the 4 runner collector pipe instead of the one for the truck. Otherwise you'll probably end up paying to ship the 'incorrect' collector back to them.

Gabe

Last edited by ggardner; 05-05-2008 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i love mine the cermic coating keeps underhood temps down as well, i've never touched mine since the install last year.

sound clip w/ 40 series
Old 05-05-2008, 08:54 AM

Well damn, i wish you would have chimed in when i was initially thinking about getting the header haha.. Has anyone else had this same problem???
Old 05-05-2008, 09:41 AM

I've had an LCE header for around 4 years now. Guess I got lucky, everything went together flawlessly.

I replaced the manifold studs with the kit that they sell and have not had a nut loosen up yet.