Old 06-14-2006, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and dont worry about flack for an old post, its just that flack
Old 06-14-2006, 06:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rocket
no prob but my name is EriK with a "k"

don't you hate it when someone asks, "is it spelled with a C or a K"? and you reply "K" ....then they say, "oh, is it e-r-i-c-k"? You say, "um no, it's e-r-i-k"
If i had a nickle for every time...
I hear ya on this one... it's the same as mine. It even felt weird writing it with a "C" since mine is with a "K". A "C" just feels wrong... won't happen again.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by rocket
no prob but my name is EriK with a "k"

don't you hate it when someone asks, "is it spelled with a C or a K"? and you reply "K" ....then they say, "oh, is it e-r-i-c-k"? You say, "um no, it's e-r-i-k"
If i had a nickle for every time...

Back on topic.. I have 3 mufflers still sitting in boxes... the OG Flowmaster 40 series to be installed on my yet to buy trail rig, a Flowmaster 40 Delta series to be installed on my '96 4runner, and a Flowmaster 50 series to be installed on my Acura Integra.

Why Flowmaster? I once had happy results with a new cat-back & Flowmaster muffler installed on my old '83 GMC Jimmy. Ever since then i've been sold on Flowmaster wether they have pure stainless steel or not.

Also, this may be from their website but it's still worth reading...

The Flowmaster Advantage:

Flowmaster vs. "straight-through" muffler designs

First you need to understand the technology of a "straight-through" muffler design. "Straight-through" muffler designs utilize a packing material wrapped around a piece of perforated tubing to absorb sound as its traveling through the muffler. This internal tubing is generally reduced as it enters the inlet of the muffler to help achieve a further reduction of sound as its exiting the muffler, smaller hole, less sound. At the same time this creates a further restriction for hot exhaust gases traveling through the mufflers.

Why should I buy a Flowmaster?

* Since Flowmaster mufflers use sound energy cancellation technology, you don't have to worry about "packing material" deteriorating and getting louder after as little as a few months.

* The interior case volume of the inside of a Flowmaster muffler is far superior to that of a "straight-pipe" or "straight-through" muffler design. Imagine filling a "straight-pipe" or "straight-through" muffler with water vs. filling a Flowmaster muffler with water. Which one do think would hold substantially more volume?

* The deflector in a Flowmaster muffler acts as a one way check valve eliminating reversion back to the engine and creates a low pressure area to help scavenge the exhaust.

* Flowmasters unique style of H-Chamber designs help control interior resonance inside the cab area of your vehicles. "Straight-through" muffler designs cannot.

* Flowmasters use fully welded construction for added strength and durability to last even when installed on high horsepower engines.

* Flowmaster mufflers are made in the U.S.A.

ahhh yea i love hom they pimp there own product on there site,flowmaster just doesn't flow , there junk ,all those baffles do nothing but block flow its been proven time and time again ,hooker areo chambers,dynomax super or ultra flow and a Xlerator muffler is 100 times better.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
didint see magnaflow mufflers on there
Old 07-03-2006, 06:04 PM

they're better than flowmasters ..lol
Old 07-03-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im running the ceramic thorley headers w/ a dynomax high flow cat and the ultraflow muffler w/ a custum side exit pipe. all in 2.5 inch piping. it runs WAY better and sounds freaking great!!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 07:49 AM

nice truck and nice choice on the exhaust i like that sticker in your avtar ,
i just swapped the sytem i had made for my 87 turbo pickup onto my 88 4 runner yesterday ,its a 2 1/2 cat back with a Xlerator muffler ,simaler to a dynomax ultraflow ,not sure how it sounds on the N/A engine though cause its out of the truck..lmao
Old 07-04-2006, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks!! i just got the truck i jan. im pretty well done with performance mods now im thinking suspension mods. check out the pics posted in the ifs suspension flex thread.