Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looks kinda similar to mine after painting

Great work dude keep it up!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SwampThing
Ahh I see you bought on of em invisible hoods didn't ya?
Haha...no but its a GREAT conversation starter

wow... that motor must be powerful... you blew your hood right off!!! lol...

Great build tho...

EDIT: Dangit!!! you beat me to it Clint...
Haha! I had to replace my axle. My 22re ripped it in half.

Looks kinda similar to mine after painting
Haha...yeah it does. Great minds think alike Thanks!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
looks good man!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
haha i went hoodless for a while about a year ago.. got some weird looks. the best was no doors, no bed, and straight piped, that turned some heads lol. anyways thats really cool you can do a build like that im 17 and i havent even done a head gasket yet
Old 10-09-2008, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by algranger
haha i went hoodless for a while about a year ago.. got some weird looks. the best was no doors, no bed, and straight piped, that turned some heads lol. anyways thats really cool you can do a build like that im 17 and i havent even done a head gasket yet
lol...thanks! I've done a head gasket too

But its really not that hard...just have to have a good memory of where things go
Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
I think someone is in Love with Kirk....

Sin91 is gonna be pissed!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
91Toyota... for the life of me, I can't remember your real name... may be the rum, whisky or maybe you never told it to us. Who knows and who really cares? You're forever ingrained in my head as the guy who had an engine that ran better after driving encounters that should've blown it up!

Honestly, the only thing I really did was razz you at times, and offer some other things to think about and generally give you a hard time to motivate yourself to do this work for yourself.

As you've learned, engines aren't the most simple things out there, but they really don't have that many things that can go wrong. And you've been through the trials and tribulations associated with doing the work yourself, and with little more than some Internet people squibbling with you, trying to point you in so many different directions I'd be willing to bet your head was about to explode....

And you also had someone by your side helping you with ideas, thoughts and wrenches, so give the most credit where it is due- yourself and your brother.

Your truck seems to be running better and has you feeling far too giddy (in my opinion), and your endorphines are something the next Phantasm sequel should use for a plot/storyline.

Don't let that excitement ruin your newly rebuilt engine. You are in the break-in period of your engine so don't go overboard with what you expose the engine to. Temper your excitement with caution and reservation. If you do too much to it now, it's going to blow again far sooner than it should.

Give yourself, your brother and the truck the respect and treatment you all deserve- the hardest alcohol party you can survive and the love and care your truck deserves.

If all goes well, your truck will be serving you for the next 10 years at least... smiling and giving you smiles as you do that pre-runner type thing you know you want to do... just for a bit more flex and capability.

So where's the 91Toyota's "Hellp me get my 2wd as far up the trails and rocks as it can" thread?

Last edited by abecedarian; 10-09-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
I think someone is in Love with Kirk....
Sin91 is gonna be pissed!
she already thinks that anyone that asks me for advice is cute, so I think this'll just make her want to buy me a cake or something else edible.

Last edited by abecedarian; 10-09-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by abecedarian

she already thinks that anyone that asks me for advice is cute, so I think this'll just make her want to buy me a cake or something else edible.
So does that make two of us with Giant egos then?

We should have an ego battle.....a test of knowledge!! lol
Old 10-09-2008, 03:06 PM

If thats the case, I'll be putting my money on sin.....thats for sure!!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:08 PM

Thank the Goddess that there was no mention of edible unmentionibles for Abe to wear
Old 10-09-2008, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
So does that make two of us with Giant egos then?

We should have an ego battle.....a test of knowledge!! lol
My ego's greatest strength is that of persistance. My mom used to say that I could convince a stop sign it was wrong.
Originally Posted by a4runnerfreak
If thats the case, I'll be putting my money on sin.....thats for sure!!!!!
That's where all my money goes!
Originally Posted by a4runnerfreak
Thank the Goddess that there was no mention of edible unmentionibles for Abe to wear
Interesting food for thought.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:49 PM

Oh no, Abe with a lil freak factor????? Wow. I'm almost speechless......almost!!!

Tell Sin I said "hiya sweetheart!"

It's good to see that she's still keeping you somewhat grounded......
Old 10-10-2008, 10:24 PM

91Toyota... for the life of me, I can't remember your real name... may be the rum, whisky or maybe you never told it to us. Who knows and who really cares? You're forever ingrained in my head as the guy who had an engine that ran better after driving encounters that should've blown it up!

Honestly, the only thing I really did was razz you at times, and offer some other things to think about and generally give you a hard time to motivate yourself to do this work for yourself.

As you've learned, engines aren't the most simple things out there, but they really don't have that many things that can go wrong. And you've been through the trials and tribulations associated with doing the work yourself, and with little more than some Internet people squibbling with you, trying to point you in so many different directions I'd be willing to bet your head was about to explode....

And you also had someone by your side helping you with ideas, thoughts and wrenches, so give the most credit where it is due- yourself and your brother.

Your truck seems to be running better and has you feeling far too giddy (in my opinion), and your endorphines are something the next Phantasm sequel should use for a plot/storyline.

Don't let that excitement ruin your newly rebuilt engine. You are in the break-in period of your engine so don't go overboard with what you expose the engine to. Temper your excitement with caution and reservation. If you do too much to it now, it's going to blow again far sooner than it should.

Give yourself, your brother and the truck the respect and treatment you all deserve- the hardest alcohol party you can survive and the love and care your truck deserves.

If all goes well, your truck will be serving you for the next 10 years at least... smiling and giving you smiles as you do that pre-runner type thing you know you want to do... just for a bit more flex and capability.

So where's the 91Toyota's "Hellp me get my 2wd as far up the trails and rocks as it can" thread?
Haha...thanks! Actually I'm very easy on her. And getting up the trails is like 2k rpms max spinning the tire. No biggie. I have faith in myself and my truck. I'm not hard on her and never plan to spin the tire on pavement again (like I did before!)

Again I appreciate the help that you've given me.

Oh yeah...my names Trevor