84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

A little mod.. pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
oh cool. sounds pretty involved but like i said definitely unique and it will be pretty sweet.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by XtraSlow_XtraCab
No xtra cab uses a long wheelbase frame (about 112 inches) and a 4Runner uses a short wheelbase frame (about 102 inches). So i'd have to cut, do a lot of math, and weld. And then possibly weld new body mounts.

INSTEAD, I'm just gonna find a parts truck 4Runner and use my interior, engine, trans/t-case, axles, suspension, and probably most of the electrical. If I find an EFI Runner (I think they all were...) then thats an EFI harness already in place for my swap.

Minus the possibility of having to weld spring hangers if I end up getting an IFS 4Runner, the rest is completely bolt-on.
Oh also if you find an ifs runner, you should use the rear axle thats on that one, they were bigger, and stronger than in 84. You will have to get wheel spacers though unless you want it to look like a hotrod cause they were also wider.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you ever decide on the tail lights?

I'm kind of partial to tinted myself

Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 PM

Well i decided on stock, like was said by someone else, it would look better on a black truck.
Thats a nice car btw i want an older Supra or CelicaSupra someday.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by algranger
I am in Yelm, i just moved here to go to school pretty sure ill stay, i like it. Where do you go wheelin around here?

I think the center console is sr5 but it may be on the deluxes too, i really like it. Do you have bucket seats? If so you could probly just pull one from Pick-A-Part or somethin last time i was there they had a 2nd gen. Runner.

Ill check my parts truck tomorrow and see if it has one i could sell ya.

As far as the cops go i hear Roy cops are the worst, they tested my uncle's alcohol level 4 times in a row until it read over the legal level.
My DLX just had a tiny trim piece around the shifter, no console but I'm not entirely sure it was a bucket seat truck from the factory, running 3rd gen Civic buckets now.

I can't wheel right now until the rig is ready (saving up for a clutch kit and master cylinder, really want to get my new-er transmission in this winter break, then I can pay for the needed front driveline work) but I will be spending most of my time at Elbe Hills when I do have the rig operational. Closest to home (~45 minutes to get there from home) and some pretty nice trails.

Wouldn't know much about Roy cops, I'm only ever there if I have to go to the post office to pick something up or if I'm buying parts from Odie (megatoy66 on Pirate and NW-Wheelers). Around Eatonville cops far more often, but as long as you stay far away from any place serving coffee and donuts, they won't know you exist.

Would that parts truck happen to have a good shift boot? My duct tape is failing. Get back to me on if you've got a console and what you want for it, having my crap rolling around in a card board box behind the seats isn't nearly as cool.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock, I live in Utah too and the police will pull you over for any tint on your headlights or tails..I know this for a fact cause I got the ticket to prove it, I also got a ticket for no front plate and my license plate wasn't lit up. (it was on my spare) damn cops!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by TrikeKid
My DLX just had a tiny trim piece around the shifter, no console but I'm not entirely sure it was a bucket seat truck from the factory, running 3rd gen Civic buckets now.

I can't wheel right now until the rig is ready (saving up for a clutch kit and master cylinder, really want to get my new-er transmission in this winter break, then I can pay for the needed front driveline work) but I will be spending most of my time at Elbe Hills when I do have the rig operational. Closest to home (~45 minutes to get there from home) and some pretty nice trails.

Wouldn't know much about Roy cops, I'm only ever there if I have to go to the post office to pick something up or if I'm buying parts from Odie (megatoy66 on Pirate and NW-Wheelers). Around Eatonville cops far more often, but as long as you stay far away from any place serving coffee and donuts, they won't know you exist.

Would that parts truck happen to have a good shift boot? My duct tape is failing. Get back to me on if you've got a console and what you want for it, having my crap rolling around in a card board box behind the seats isn't nearly as cool.
No center console its a deluxe so i guess thats just sr5. Its got a good shift boot though just needs to be cleaned up a bit. Are you looking for the rubber boot or the cosmetic leathery one above it?
Hit me up if you wanna go wheelin sometime, i dont really know anyone that wheels that lives in WA yet.

Originally Posted by MurphyzRunner
Stock, I live in Utah too and the police will pull you over for any tint on your headlights or tails..I know this for a fact cause I got the ticket to prove it, I also got a ticket for no front plate and my license plate wasn't lit up. (it was on my spare) damn cops!
Yeah Utah cops are tighter than a tick's ass. They're more laid back here in WA but theres a lot more of them.