Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Custom bandpass enclosures?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Custom bandpass enclosures?

[IMG][/IMG]

that or

[IMG][/IMG]

only prob with the 2nd one is that, where would i put the amp, im thinking about if i get a 3rd sub, i would get just another 1000w amp, i have 2 10'' Audiobahn Flame Compression Subs that peak 2000w apiece now,,,

now either box im thinking about putting 2 flashing blue neons , or a blue strobe i dunno, i just want it to look MAD Sick in the ext cab of my truck
Old 08-18-2005, 06:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
pics dont work....and audiobahn? no offense, but why???

EDIT: ok pics work....hmmm Who is building these bandpasses? You do realise that a bandpass is not a box you just throw together right? To properly build a bandpass it will only accomidate the number of woofers you plan to use and no more and no less. And a bandpass setup for one model of sub will sound like ass if you put another model of sub in its place. (This is why all prefab bandpasses sound like ass...) A bandpass is not the easiest to build, take that from someone who has built a horn loaded 4th order bandpass.

So are these 4th order BPs or 6th order BPs you are designing?

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 08-18-2005 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:54 AM

These Audiobahn subs are bad! dude they hit, and they are one level below competition level, well, i read alot of good stuff about this amp i have its the Audiobahn A1500HCT http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNA1500HCT theirs a link to it, but this Audio & Performance parts store called Radioactive they are really good...
Old 08-18-2005, 08:41 AM

Ive personally used 8 1500hcx's (the same model 3 years previous to current) while they operated, they did not live up to their power claim...honestly, not even close...

The subs, well, I've never used those so Im on the fence, but am tempted to order a set of the immortals just to goof around with considering the price I can get them for, but even still im not expecting a DD9915 killer...or even a 9515 killer from them.

Since you have one HCT and 2 subs, the best route to go for maximum boom and good SQ is to build a great box for them tailored to that goal. And designing a good sounding bandpass is a bit more difficult than a comparable vented as there is less margin of error on BP boxes. If you need any help, dont hesitate to drop a line, I have a few box plotting programs that make box designs easy.

For amp mounting locations, the sky is the limit! You could flush the amp into the back of one of the front seats, you could do fiberglass door panels and flush it there, or underseat with a nice trim box so that all you see is the amp and no wires. Just throwing out ideas.

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 08-18-2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:34 AM

I asked radio active about the Custom enclosure i want and what they say is that at certain frequencys(high) they will perform aight i will lose some thump with the box, and that if its below a certain frequencys they will just go dead they just wont hit just usless, now inorder to build one of those boxes ? and get some good sound what do i need to mention to the builder?
Old 08-19-2005, 12:57 PM

do the flames make it louder??????
Old 08-20-2005, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by bamboo89
I asked radio active about the Custom enclosure i want and what they say is that at certain frequencys(high) they will perform aight i will lose some thump with the box, and that if its below a certain frequencys they will just go dead they just wont hit just usless, now inorder to build one of those boxes ? and get some good sound what do i need to mention to the builder?
Im not sure exactly what you are asking, but I'd recommend a low tuned, sound quality oriented, vented enclosure. If they (assuming this is a custom shop) feed you the BS that a vented box cant sound good, then dont give them a dime....go elsewhere.

Most shops will try to get you into a sealed box because they are easier to get right with a much larger margin of error.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:57 AM

what they said was that a custom Bandpass enclosure ( vented) wouldnt perform to well at certain frequencys like low frequencys........ but this is what my new idea is for a box, get a vented box, for 3 10'' subs and have them out like flames showing with fiberglass ( like you know like this lemme get a pic) < i want that look on the outside sorda like that cept reversed , sorry about all the pics. hehe just trying to show u what i kinda wanna do
Old 08-26-2005, 05:02 AM

hahahahahahahahah!!!!

good luck with your venture.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:46 AM

no worries haaaaaaa it will work but i keep changing my mind( money is no option )