Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring an Elocker with power antenna switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring an Elocker with power antenna switch

I have not seen anyone else use the power antenna switch to control their elocker so I figured I would post up what I did. My 85 4runner came from the factory with a power antenna. At some point in its life the antenna was replaced with a normal non-power antenna. It?s a momentary on switch (on, off, on) so it?s perfect for powering the elocker. After a little testing with the volt meter this is what a came up with. The back of the switch has six contacts like ::: . In the image below the contacts that I have drawn are the contacts linked together when the switch is in the designated position.

I ran +12v wire to the two contacts on the switch circled in red. I ran the yellow contact to the lock relay and the green contact to the unlock relay

This is the wiring diagram I used to wire up the elocker.

One of the green LEDs run from the 86 pin on the locked relay then to ground. The LED is illuminated when the locked limit switch is open. This lets me know when I can let off the switch. The other green LED works the same on the unlock relay.

The switch only needs to be depressed for about a second to activate or deactivate the locker. So having a momentary on switch has worked out perfect. When I install an e-locker in the front, I plan to get another power antenna switch and place it where the overdrive light is (I have a 5speed so I have no uses for the light). I think most trucks just have a blank punch out instead of the overdrive light.