Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best price for ARB's & compressor question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best price for ARB's & compressor question

OK..so i remember seeing a thread on who had the best prices for arb's (cant remember if it was here or ttora). cheapest i've seen em for is about $740ish from numerous dealers on ebay. anyone here recommend where to get em from? checked out the vendors forum here..but no deals on the arb's. If it matters, im looking for the RD90 (7.5" IFS)

re: air source. i'd like to get the arb, but id rather pay a bit more to get a better setup that can fill tires alot quicker. is there an electrical setup thats better than either of the arb compressors? or are the arbs good enough? im worried about overtaxing them when airing up (is it even possible to do 4 tires, 10 to 35psi with an arb?) i dont want to have to remove my AC or add an additional belt driven compressor. its just then a matter of regulating the pressure to activate the locker..correct?

any info or links on using different compressors would greatly be appreciated..thanks!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PORC sells ARB for cheaper than anyone I have ever seen. The cat there is named Alex IIRC.

ARB compressors run ARB lockers. CO2 tanks fill tires. Please remember that.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:17 AM

I got an ARB RD-89 from PORC. Cheapest place I could find and they are only charging a $12 handling fee to ship it.

I am in the process of adding a rear locker and on-board air with a Viair 400c compressor and tank. I'm regulating the tank w/ an 85/105psi pressure switch and running the locker straight off the tank. Then a hard line w/ a quick disconnect to one of the cubby holes in the bed.

I chose the Viair over the ARB compressor for the very reason Flygtenstein mentioned. I did not want to carry a c02 tank and I found it pointless to have a compressor on-board that was not really designed for tire-fill use. I also figured that over-using the ARB comp to fill tires or even keep a tank filled combined with running the locker might cause premature compressor failure. Again, like Flygtenstein said.

I got the Viair stuff from Wheelers, FWIW.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Contributing Member

hey thanks guys. yes PORC indeed does have the best price hands down. i've got a good price local, a tiny bit more than PORC, but it saves me the hassle of taxes & cross border shopping/lineups etc. definitely thinking about going viair setup...still contemplating on whether or not to run a tank, unless i can find a good used one but having a tank definitely speeds up the airing up process as i saw today.

now i just gotta find out what i did with that money tree...
Old 01-21-2007, 08:50 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both trdparts4u and 4WP beat PORC's price when I bought mine. Basically, you're looking at getting the ARB compressor for free. Run the ARB while you're doing research on what you want for filling tires (CO2, one of those new Powerplant winches, big compressor, etc)
Old 01-21-2007, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRD parts beat PORC?

Wow, price gouging has never been so good.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:13 PM

I recently bought compressor and dual ARB's from Randys, along with 4.88's. The total price may have been slightly higher but the customer service i recieved from Randys, even before i was a customer was/is well worth a little extra. If you go through Randys, talk to Tate. He is a good dude. Right On.