99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs

lowering a Tundra(a sin maybe?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lowering a Tundra(a sin maybe?)

anyone have their 2wd Tundra Lowered? im just curious to see if any of u do.and if so How did you go about it? in my brief search i didnt find a lowering kit for it.Maybe airbags are the only option? i dnt know
Old 01-05-2006, 10:27 PM

i don't think any truck should be lowered. my opinion though..

now cars on the other hand..
Old 01-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Contributing Member

does Performance Products make a lowering spring???
Old 01-06-2006, 08:50 AM

Here's one: http://www.sosperf.com/

Also check out TundraSolutions, there is an 8 page thread about lowering a Tundra
Old 01-06-2006, 10:02 AM

thanks Sumo99....great website
Old 01-08-2006, 12:02 AM

just wondering why anyone would want to lower a truck that is built to be big and kickass
Old 01-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Contributing Member

Some people like to use it as a racing truck...I don't agree with it, but yeah...
Old 01-08-2006, 12:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dsm59, if you're interested in lowering a Tundra, you'll likely find the following site much more beneficial. These guys run lots of S-Runners, X-Runners, dropped Tacomas, etc. Some of them are very knowledgable about dropping Toyota trucks, in the same manner as the folks on this site are about lifting Toyota trucks. Check it out: http://www.customtacos.com/forum/
Old 01-18-2006, 11:25 AM

I understand that many see it as a disgrace to lower a truck, especially a tundra.
However, i do think it would be cool to see a dropped turbo tundra to try to take out all the other street trucks drag racing. and no, i don't mean "mini trukin'" style uselessness. the tundra engine is fairly popular with the toyota drag car builders. if you had to have a current-model toyota for drag, it's a logical option. i'd definitely consider it over a celica.
i actually considered it at one point, just to be different. but i probably wouldn't lower it.

Last edited by hokiruu; 01-18-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:52 AM

I would check out TundraSolutions...

For some reason I think lowering a Tundra isn't all that bad, neither is SAS'ing it.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:53 PM

yes. those are three nicely built tundras.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:17 PM

The world debut of the all-new Toyota Tundra Stepside was staged recently at a press conference at the Chicago Auto Show. The Stepside is a show truck version of a new addition to the Tundra lineup that will arrive at Toyota dealers this fall.

The truck is a collaborative effort between Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., Toyota Motor Corporation of Japan and Toyota Racing Development (TRD).

"The Tundra Stepside concept explores the possibilities of broadening the Tundra product line and will show consumers that ruggedness and utility can go hand-in-hand with style and image," said Don Esmond, Toyota Division senior vice president and general manager.

The Stepside show truck was designed to reach out to full-size pickup buyers who want to add a little flair to their trucks. It houses the sophisticated 4.7-liter i-Force V8 engine that delivers 240 horsepower and 315 lbs.-ft. of torque. The concept is based on the Tundra Limited Access Cab and is dressed in a brilliant blue exterior paint.

What sets this Tundra apart from the rest is the addition of a stepside bed with distinctive tail lamps. The tail lamps pull back over the rear wheel arches for a sleek appearance. The stepside interior bed width between wheelwells and the bed length remain the same as a regular Tundra bed, while bed depth has been increased from 17.2 inches to 19.0 inches. The stepside bed was built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Princeton, Indiana (TMMI).

The show truck also features a redesigned front fascia with a grille that extends down into the front bumper and round fog lamps for a bolder, more aggressive look. Color-keyed overfenders give the vehicle an eye-pleasing, monotone look from any angle.

The Stepside owes its powerful stance to a sport suspension package that lowers the vehicle from the stock Tundra by about four inches and includes unique shock absorbers, sport-tuned suspension and rear stabilizer bar. Road-gripping BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW tires are wrapped around brawny three-piece chromed alloy 20-inch HRE Performance wheels. The finishing touch is a TRD Tundra dual cat-back exhaust, which adds a distinctive tone upon acceleration as well as approximately six horsepower.
Inside the Tundra Stepside, style and image harmonize with comfort and convenience. Amenities include heated outside mirrors, power sliding rear window, steering wheel mounted audio controls, wood-grain-style interior trim, leather-trimmed captain's chairs and a Premium 3-in-1 AM/FM/Cassette/CD with four speakers. A multi-function center console provides 91.5 cubic inches of storage capacity and features dual front-and-rear cup holders and a double-door that includes a memo pad clip.
Attached Thumbnails lowering a Tundra(a sin maybe?)-tundra_sport1_b.jpg   lowering a Tundra(a sin maybe?)-tundra_sport2_b.jpg   lowering a Tundra(a sin maybe?)-tundra_step3.jpg  
Old 02-02-2006, 05:20 AM

that stepside is pretty nice, kind of reminds me of a lightning...
Old 02-02-2006, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by zero4
The world debut of the all-new Toyota Tundra Stepside was staged recently at a press conference at the Chicago Auto Show. The Stepside is a show truck version of a new addition to the Tundra lineup that will arrive at Toyota dealers this fall.

The truck is a collaborative effort between Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., Toyota Motor Corporation of Japan and Toyota Racing Development (TRD).

"The Tundra Stepside concept explores the possibilities of broadening the Tundra product line and will show consumers that ruggedness and utility can go hand-in-hand with style and image," said Don Esmond, Toyota Division senior vice president and general manager.

The Stepside show truck was designed to reach out to full-size pickup buyers who want to add a little flair to their trucks. It houses the sophisticated 4.7-liter i-Force V8 engine that delivers 240 horsepower and 315 lbs.-ft. of torque. The concept is based on the Tundra Limited Access Cab and is dressed in a brilliant blue exterior paint.

What sets this Tundra apart from the rest is the addition of a stepside bed with distinctive tail lamps. The tail lamps pull back over the rear wheel arches for a sleek appearance. The stepside interior bed width between wheelwells and the bed length remain the same as a regular Tundra bed, while bed depth has been increased from 17.2 inches to 19.0 inches. The stepside bed was built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Princeton, Indiana (TMMI).

The show truck also features a redesigned front fascia with a grille that extends down into the front bumper and round fog lamps for a bolder, more aggressive look. Color-keyed overfenders give the vehicle an eye-pleasing, monotone look from any angle.

The Stepside owes its powerful stance to a sport suspension package that lowers the vehicle from the stock Tundra by about four inches and includes unique shock absorbers, sport-tuned suspension and rear stabilizer bar. Road-gripping BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW tires are wrapped around brawny three-piece chromed alloy 20-inch HRE Performance wheels. The finishing touch is a TRD Tundra dual cat-back exhaust, which adds a distinctive tone upon acceleration as well as approximately six horsepower.
Inside the Tundra Stepside, style and image harmonize with comfort and convenience. Amenities include heated outside mirrors, power sliding rear window, steering wheel mounted audio controls, wood-grain-style interior trim, leather-trimmed captain's chairs and a Premium 3-in-1 AM/FM/Cassette/CD with four speakers. A multi-function center console provides 91.5 cubic inches of storage capacity and features dual front-and-rear cup holders and a double-door that includes a memo pad clip.

That style came out a few years back..not really new at all
Old 02-02-2006, 10:55 AM

those HRE wheels cost somewhere between 3 and 4 grand for a full set in those sizes. too bad its performance isnt close to that of a lightning. toyota just needs to build a twin turbo IFS tundra, and a turbo diesel tundra with a solid front axle. yes, just to please me and my tastes.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by marko3xl3

Some people like to use it as a racing truck...I don't agree with it, but yeah...

Thats not built for racing at all, I could understand if you set up a 2wd truck for racing, but it wouldn't look like that. That thing's an abomination.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by hokiruu
those HRE wheels cost somewhere between 3 and 4 grand for a full set in those sizes. too bad its performance isnt close to that of a lightning. toyota just needs to build a twin turbo IFS tundra, and a turbo diesel tundra with a solid front axle. yes, just to please me and my tastes.

They should do that for me too. a 3/4 ton or 1 ton, Tundra would make me drool...especially if it was SFA, which it should be on something like that.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Contributing Member

id take one of each if they did
Old 02-25-2006, 04:43 AM

Lowered Tundra

I don't think that it is wrong to lower a Tundra. This is America--we do whatever we like -Right. This is my version, www.boostedtundras.com
click "our rides"
Old 02-25-2006, 09:41 PM

I almost bought a Tundra yesterday. With the intention on turbocharging it. Anyway for now I'm just all talk because I decided to get all out of debt and look into buying a house first. I do have a pair of very suitable, brand new ball bearing turbos sitting in my living room right now though...
Eventually I'll do it.

Quick Reply: lowering a Tundra(a sin maybe?)