99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs
Old 03-31-2016, 03:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Toyota Tundra Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Hella installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hella installation

Hey guys.. i need help with the wires the headlamps! I have already wired everything to the relay and to the switch.. but there is one wire that is suppose to connect from the switch to one of the wires going to the headlight! I want to connect it to the regular driving lights.. but i have tested all three wires and they did not work. There is a Black/Green which i realized was for the high beams.. the Black/Yellow also turned on the high beams and when i went for the black/blue.. the fuse would alwasy blow once i turn the switch on! From the relay, i have a ground.. a power, a wire to the switch and wires from the hellas. THe switch i have one coming from the relay and one grounded. Is there anyway to turn the hellas on without the third wire from switch to headlights? because i have tried that and they never came one.. only came on when connected to high beams!!!! I have searched online.. even at the hella website.. and it looks easy but i just cant figure wich wire to connect to the headlights! Please reply, THANKS YOU!!! :cry: Oh yeah.. how did you guys mount on the hellas evenly on the bumper???
Old 07-20-2004, 11:03 PM

you can connect that last wire to the parking lights....that'll enable you to turn them on when the parking lights are on....what I did when I had mine was wire it directly to the positive terminal on the battery...I also fused it as close to the battery as I can...that way I could turn them on whenever I wanted
Old 07-20-2004, 11:07 PM

NICE FREAKIN JUMP!!!! i will try the parking lights tomorrow. By the way what kind of lift do you have?
Old 07-21-2004, 04:23 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
You can also wire up the Hella lights so you can turn them on at anytime.
https://www.yotatech.com/~corey/tech...ghts/corey.htm

No need to use the headlights like Hella says in their instructions.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:27 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Hella 500s

Originally Posted by slyang1012
Hey guys.. i need help with the wires the headlamps! I have already wired everything to the relay and to the switch.. but there is one wire that is suppose to connect from the switch to one of the wires going to the headlight! I want to connect it to the regular driving lights.. but i have tested all three wires and they did not work. There is a Black/Green which i realized was for the high beams.. the Black/Yellow also turned on the high beams and when i went for the black/blue.. the fuse would alwasy blow once i turn the switch on! From the relay, i have a ground.. a power, a wire to the switch and wires from the hellas. THe switch i have one coming from the relay and one grounded. Is there anyway to turn the hellas on without the third wire from switch to headlights? because i have tried that and they never came one.. only came on when connected to high beams!!!! I have searched online.. even at the hella website.. and it looks easy but i just cant figure wich wire to connect to the headlights! Please reply, THANKS YOU!!! :cry: Oh yeah.. how did you guys mount on the hellas evenly on the bumper???
This is how I installed my Hella 500s on the OEM bumper a while back.
http://www.drawhorn.org/hella_500_fog_light_install.htm

Old 07-21-2004, 07:33 AM

Thanks guys! it worked! I connected it to the parking lights! one problem though.. i dont want to start drilling holes into my bumper! how did you guys measure where to start drilling?
Old 07-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Write-up

Originally Posted by slyang1012
Thanks guys! it worked! I connected it to the parking lights! one problem though.. i dont want to start drilling holes into my bumper! how did you guys measure where to start drilling?
If you'll read the link for the write-up I gave you you'll see how to measure....:pat:

Old 07-22-2004, 11:30 PM

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP!! It works Very NICELY! ONe more question though!! Could i cut the wires for my STOCK Foglights and rewire them as i did like the Hellas? IF i do rewire it, would the wires connecting to a relay be the same numbers?, i.e ground wire to #30 Power to #86 so and so? THANKs!